ROFL-Ratings.com

General MWC related discussion stuff.
Captain

Re: ROFL-Ratings.com

Post by Captain »

GKG don't get upset man, no big deal.

I don't care, I was simple looking at your ratings and saying which ones I did not agree with.

The fact you don't get how 1v1 is different from a team game is beyond me, I have 1v1ed sam before, and I don't declare myself good at 1v1, we had close games but I won 3-2 a few times. I still don't think I am good at 1v1. in 1v1 you are multi tasking to the extreme controlling multiple unit sets and doing everything at once where in a team game usually you are on a flank with someone or playing support roles or having support roles etc...

Adren has done 1 tourney with me, and said I rocked it out. I don't know if I have ever faced you in a tourney either, but does that make it insignificant? Absolutely not, I know you are one of the best players on Myth, hands down.

I think you are confused about what tourney we are even talking about, not once did anyone mention 2011 tourney(or I didn't see it) I heard the "last year" tourney a lot but never 2011...
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

adren and I were clearly talking about mwc11, maybe go read it again.

not upset at all, this is actually me being quite amused and having my fun with you. and you do care, you care a great deal as you keep trying to argue it.

let's not try and warp the situation here. you didn't just disagree with my ratings. if that was the case, if you wanted to just disagree with my ratings you would say that you felt those players you listed deserved a different (presumably lower) rating. You didn't say that.

No, you disagreed with my rating for you specifically. And my rating for you was the same as everyone else's. which means you disagreed with everyone's rating for you.

the fact that you think you know more than me about the difference between 1v1 and a team game is even further beyond me. you just said that you would beat those players when matched up against them in a team game 70% of the time. now you are talking about having teammates next to you and everything else. You are on NC, a top team, usually beating the teams of the majority of the players that you listed. so are you saying that NC, and your teammates next to you beat those players when you saw them 70% of the time, or are you saying you did?

certain situations in a team game can mimic a 1v1 exactly. if you have similarly sized squads and are all alone fighting each other, how is that any different than a 1v1? go try to 1v1 them with smaller squads then if you want. that's still a 1v1. come 1v1 me with a smaller squad if u want.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Again, don't really care not sure why you think I do.

I would gladly 1v1 for fun and practice though.

I agree lots of times in games 1v1's do appear with less units, this was what I was talking about.

I never claimed to know more about myth in any aspect that you did. I did question how you thought team games represented 1v1 matches which I didn't understand, which I said in my post and now you explained what you met.

I also am stating I have not played in a year, the players I listed when we played regularly I felt were either rated too high or other players were not rated high enough in my opinion.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Not trying to start a fight/war with you GKG, just was stating my own opinion, can't really shun me for that!
Every time I try to state my case you seem to insult me, which again is probably not needed
Very few times have I played in a tourney, most of the time I am just talking about regular games, which I know are different
Even though I disagree with you, I still think you are a great player
Right or wrong, I wouldn't mind a 1v1 because one it will shake some rust of me and two I can probably learn some things
Get on tonight if you can, I am more then willing to play some games if you want, I would like to say I don't stand a chance at beating you but I will gladly play
Or if that doesn't work, we can arrange another time if you want
Now we can have fun and debate more if you would like or we can just drop it
Not backing down but maybe I will surprise you, who knows?
All I really want is to have some fun when I play myth, and that is what it comes down to
GKG you once taught me how to 1v1 years ago for like 3 matches I think, at that time you thought I was pretty good
In my own opinion is all I am trying to say, I would have rated players differently, but my
very own opinion cannot be that accurate as of how inactive I have been lately
even though rust usually shakes very quickly, I think I might be able to surprise a few people.
You may question me now, but at the end I will let my game do the talking.
One last thing, I go to bed early because I am old now and have a normal job, so if you can be on around 6-7 cst that would be great
U may think I am retarded
U may think I am 3 balls, but
personally this is a great song in my opinion.
Giant Killer General

ok, quick glance at SP vs NC in mwc12 BB finals, which was a close 3-2 match. Both teams were relatively evenly match, and 5 (half) of the players you listed participated in this match. This was also the last relevant time you and many of these other players played since it was the last mwc's bb finals. Surely then you would be allowed to shine and show your 4 ballerdom, right?

game 1, tamerlin light fr: you are on a strong flank with 4 of your other teammates, and you fight a weaker flank of ours 5 vs 3. despite this, you get overexcited with so many of your teammates at your back, that you overextend and expose your dorf and it is the first to be pussed and killed in the entire game. A very common mistake for a 3 baller amongst high level playres. you are soon given a 2nd dorf by your teammate and go back to being passive for the remainder of the game.

game 2, yuki lmoth: you get dmg for your team, mb 2nd or 3rd in the game. but you have a power force of 4 fetch, and are hidden by the protection of the majority of your team because you got the strong flank for your side. your team ends up winning this one too. but hey, most people think you are good with fetch anyway, so we can give you this one as being 4 balls with fetch. unfortunately 1 unit type is not enough.

game 3, day at the beach grilling ground, ctf: you have an archer / lock squad. you play pretty passively as usual yet again, but when the pressure is turned up, you crumble quickly to the mid push. you die horribly and get almost the least damage in the game.

game 4, when the trow comes around, fr: you have a zerk/myrk force that runs around with the rest of your team for the majority of the game getting some free damage. in the end, you get raped getting last dmg on your team.

game 5, quixotism light, terries: you are given a light middle force with archers, a dorf, and a couple pus. after a few minutes, august gives up his archers to you so he can go help elsewhere with his melee / dorf, now leaving you with a whopping 22% of the units for your team. instead of pushing our middle with your massive archers advantage and at least kill something of ours, you hesitate and instead decide to react to our south push despite the fact that your south would be dead well before you got there, and an archer force isn't that great for helping against a styg melee rush anyway. by the time you get there and are able to get your first point of damage, you still have the full 22% of your force, not handing out any of your units to your teammates though your team only has 62% at this point. So you have over 1/3 of the remaining army and still do not hand out units. you are killed very quickly and end with 7 kills, 15 losses.

final conclusion: you are a very passive player, unable to be aggressive when needed. you play as if you are intimidated by the opposing players, trying to stay in the background as your teammates do the majority of the thinking and work for you, which explains why no one can really remember you playing in any tournament matches. You require the guidance / babysitting of a very coordinated captain/co-leader to be able to tell you where you should be and when to push quite regularly throughout the game. you are constantly looking to follow someone else on your team, you play as if you are lost and confused when you are on your own. you have a less-than-average understanding of the strategy of the game. most players either rise or crumble under pressure, you are definitely a crumbler, which means you will always underperform in higher caliber tournament matches.

all of these are the qualities of the epitome of the flat 3 ball player. actually 3 ballers usually have a better understanding of the strategy I think than you do, but you compensate with your clicky.

oh but now you are talking about random rabble games for these ratings, instead of tournament performances for tournament ratings. what ever will we do with you...
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Giant Killer General wrote:ok, quick glance at SP vs NC in mwc12 BB finals, which was a close 3-2 match. Both teams were relatively evenly match, and 5 (half) of the players you listed participated in this match. This was also the last relevant time you and many of these other players played since it was the last mwc's bb finals. Surely then you would be allowed to shine and show your 4 ballerdom, right?

game 1, tamerlin light fr: you are on a strong flank with 4 of your other teammates, and you fight a weaker flank of ours 5 vs 3. despite this, you get overexcited with so many of your teammates at your back, that you overextend and expose your dorf and it is the first to be pussed and killed in the entire game. A very common mistake for a 3 baller amongst high level playres. you are soon given a 2nd dorf by your teammate and go back to being passive for the remainder of the game.

game 2, yuki lmoth: you get dmg for your team, mb 2nd or 3rd in the game. but you have a power force of 4 fetch, and are hidden by the protection of the majority of your team because you got the strong flank for your side. your team ends up winning this one too. but hey, most people think you are good with fetch anyway, so we can give you this one as being 4 balls with fetch. unfortunately 1 unit type is not enough.

game 3, VIKKI SHOWED UP LATE TO THE MATCH AND THE RAPE COMMENCED

game 4, ^

game 5, ^^

final conclusion: you are a very passive player, unable to be aggressive when needed. you play as if you are intimidated by the opposing players, trying to stay in the background as your teammates do the majority of the thinking and work for you, which explains why no one can really remember you playing in any tournament matches. You require the guidance / babysitting of a very coordinated captain/co-leader to be able to tell you where you should be and when to push quite regularly throughout the game. you are constantly looking to follow someone else on your team, you play as if you are lost and confused when you are on your own. you have a less-than-average understanding of the strategy of the game. most players either rise or crumble under pressure, you are definitely a crumbler, which means you will always underperform in higher caliber tournament matches.

all of these are the qualities of the epitome of the flat 3 ball player. actually 3 ballers usually have a better understanding of the strategy I think than you do, but you compensate with your clicky.

oh but now you are talking about random rabble games for these ratings, instead of tournament performances for tournament ratings. what ever will we do with you...
Giant Killer General

oh wow crun, i didn't even notice that you showed up late, don't remember that part. you actually didnt show until game 4. I think we would have won game 2 then if we had you for fetch, mb even game 1 since I could have handed off pk's units to our extra player when he dropped...damn...

wow that would have completely changed that match, I never realized that before. I blame you now more than me in making that match so close.
Zak

Post by Zak »

lol gkg...
Giant Killer General

actually I forgot, captain you were a ww2er werent you? God that explains everything so perfectly for you now. Great individual unit micro, but no concept of reg myth team strategy, always running your squad around like a chicken with your head cutoff if you have no one else to follow. the absolute epitome of the traditional ww2er trying to turn reg myther. hot damn I pegged you so good, it all makes sense now. I mean, crun is in some ways similar to you, but he just much better overall on all of those things. remember how much better crun was than you at ww2? well he's that much better than you at reg myth too.

really captain your ideal unit set is 1 ranged unit type, with a small melee force as backup. 2 presets, that's it. no pus or anything else. you can go all clickly clicky then all you want. have someone who can tell you where you need to be and when to push and retreat. at least someone you can follow very strictly. that's all you need man. there I just gave NC an awesome pointer on how to cap you and really improve their chances this mwc. see how nice I am?

but as a ww2er turned reg myther, who still can't quite shed your ww2 tendencies, you really just can't be saying you are a 4 baller, no way in hell.
spookyBMF

Post by spookyBMF »

LOL. M2 must be one of the best games ever to generate so much care. There's like a 90% chance GKG watched the films again and made notes about you Captain just for that post. Makes for some funny shit! Keep it up!
pyrlos

Post by pyrlos »

I don't know how the rating shit is done but I'd have to say my 1v1 is probably a 2 or less and the only way I'd be a little over a 2 in team play is I see as much as I miss and usually now the maps, hear orders and don't mind giving my shit away. I'd certainly be less than a 3 overall I think. I haven't played 10 games of myth since last MWC, can't expect much out of that. That said, theres probably most players on that list over rated.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

captain was a regger long before he was a ww2er... we played tfl together since the early days.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

My biggest discrepancy on the ratings is matty being over 2. That guy should be negative.
Giant Killer General

oh, did they have ww2 in the early tfl days?

everyone was a regger before they were a ww2er, so that doesn't mean anything. ww2 was predominately what he played at one point for some significant period of time and before he got any good at reg, so that by definition makes him a ww2er in some respect.
Captain

Post by Captain »

lol

Dude calm down, I was just rick rolling you.
Giant Killer General

lol...i'm sure bro

hey man i just helped you, NC was clearly not using you very well. where is my thank you?

really glad I looked at that match so I could find out that it was really all CRUN's fault now. now I won't feel bad when I think about that match.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Wasn't that the match I wasn't present for? May wanna figure that into your calculations as well :/
Giant Killer General

yea except we basically lost 1 game due to PK dropping, you there or not doesn't matter for that. I would still rather have had crun there the first 3 games and you there for the entire match, we still would have come up on the better side of that deal. our fetching cost us big in the 2nd game, something crun would have definitely helped with.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Captain wrote:Not trying to start a fight/war with you GKG, just was stating my own opinion, can't really shun me for that!
Every time I try to state my case you seem to insult me, which again is probably not needed
Very few times have I played in a tourney, most of the time I am just talking about regular games, which I know are different
Even though I disagree with you, I still think you are a great player
Right or wrong, I wouldn't mind a 1v1 because one it will shake some rust of me and two I can probably learn some things
Get on tonight if you can, I am more then willing to play some games if you want, I would like to say I don't stand a chance at beating you but I will gladly play
Or if that doesn't work, we can arrange another time if you want
Now we can have fun and debate more if you would like or we can just drop it
Not backing down but maybe I will surprise you, who knows?
All I really want is to have some fun when I play myth, and that is what it comes down to
GKG you once taught me how to 1v1 years ago for like 3 matches I think, at that time you thought I was pretty good
In my own opinion is all I am trying to say, I would have rated players differently, but my
very own opinion cannot be that accurate as of how inactive I have been lately
even though rust usually shakes very quickly, I think I might be able to surprise a few people.
You may question me now, but at the end I will let my game do the talking.
One last thing, I go to bed early because I am old now and have a normal job, so if you can be on around 6-7 cst that would be great
U may think I am retarded
U may think I am 3 balls, but
personally this is a great song in my opinion.

Seriously, was just rick rolling you
Giant Killer General

seriously, why do you care so much to try and convince people? you clung onto trying to convince people that you were 4 balls, you got served, now you are going to cling onto trying to convince people that it was an act in a feeble attempt to find a way out of it and save face? pathetic. I knew plenty of guys like that, they are called chronic liars / bullshitters. and they are so good at it, in their own mind, they actually believe it. but that doesn't make it so.

even now when you are trying to say it was all a troll, you still won't admit that you know you are not 4 balls. that gave you up right there bro, its obviously not sincere. the gig is up, how far are you going to try to keep digging this one?
Captain

Post by Captain »

Lol, at the start I was just saying I think I am 4 balls but whatever,

it then turned fun for me so I decided to do that.

I still think I am 4 balls but I don't really care what anyone thinks.

I just thought that would be fun to do is all
Giant Killer General

yea exactly, that's what i thought.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Am I who you thought I was?

Did you let me off the hook?

GKG geez, All I did was voice my opinion and you are turning this into a huge deal:)

Let it go man
Giant Killer General

and all I did was voice my opinion. except I backed mine up with actual logic and specific examples which you chose to ignore because can't argue anything for your opinion except make up some random statistic such as "i win 70% of the time against these people"

I just find delusional people annoying and I enjoy calling them out on it. its really not a big deal at all. this is me having fun.

i don't know you so i can't assume to think what kind of person you are. I guess I just learned a bit about you right now though.
Captain

Post by Captain »

It is true, I do not have specific examples mainly for the simple reason I do not have any videos nor do I care to research them that much.

I know I am not the best myth player. I am definitely okay with that.

All I said was I seem to beat them when I face them the majority of the time, which is just me relying on my own personal experiences and nothing else, no tourney games(well maybe some I don't know who I have played)

I don't have proof unfortunately, I did not save any of those games at all.
Giant Killer General

well yea that is obviously the big problem here in this whole discussion. you seem to think that you can rate people for a tournament, based on regular rabble games. that exposes your ignorance in front of everyone right there.

tournament games are completely different than regular rabble games. hell I know plenty of guys that might be "4 ballers" in regular rabble games, but in the end when shit gets real for an actual tournament match, their true form shows. Look at cosmictruth the last time he played, he is like the most prime example of it. The dude was borderline 5 balls in 1v1 and rabble games, and completely CRUMBLED in tournament games, making him every bit the same 3 baller you are. they just don't do well under pressure when things are a whole lot more coordinated, and the strategy is a whole lot more intelligent.

these are not ratings to see how good you are in regular rabble games, these are ratings to see how good you are for the actual tournament the ratings are being given in.
par73

Post by par73 »

spookyBMF wrote:LOL. M2 must be one of the best games ever to generate so much care. There's like a 90% chance GKG watched the films again and made notes about you Captain just for that post. Makes for some funny shit! Keep it up!
Heh you can watch all of those games on youtube now though, Gotta get the rest of the MWC classic films up on the tube next!

Also I remember when captain had that 22%, a very brief memory; but I remember suddenly feeling really good about winning the match when he had about 1/5th of their army, noticing 6 other players obviously had far less, and noticing how weak that southern flank was to commence rapestyle before Cap's 22% even caught my attention. Ska tells cap to move south far too late.

http://youtu.be/MLipyKIXP2w?t=7m45s

hah! exact quote
"
par - wtf
par - cap has 22%"
Giant Killer General

really that shows how bad of a cap ska can be just as much as how bad captain was. both equally at fault there. that is like such a colossal mistake it is truly remarkable, 1 guy with over 1/3 of the remaining units.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Gkg you care WAY TOO MUCH. I almost regret coaxing you out of tournament retirement.....
Giant Killer General

ouch buuuurn, don't care. i guess we would all rather the forums be completely dead, because if we happen to have active posters, then people just care too much. shit like this is exactly what is wrong with the community.

p.s. you are high if you think you "coaxed" me out of anything.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

If that was a troll is was pretty fucking weak all around.

Over the years I've seen captain play well with fetch, but nothing else stands out.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Awesome thread!
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Ask Dac... he was sitting in the games where i sat there for 2 hours and basically begged you to join so bullz would happen when you said you weren't playing in mwc that year.

As far as forum content
A+ for determination.... A+ in being combative..... A+ in taking shit too far and A+ in lengthy paragraph formation.
Giant Killer General

honkey, look at what you said. you really think that i would not be playing myth tournaments today if it wasn't for your "coaxing"?

get fucking real.
Saint

Post by Saint »

This Giant Killer General is a freaking lunatic!
Like, really really mad man...
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

This thread isn't worth two tugs of a dead dog's cock.
Giant Killer General wrote:honkey, look at what you said. you really think that i would not be playing myth tournaments today if it wasn't for your "coaxing"?

get fucking real.
Yeah seriously doc, why are you so mad of late?

Post by karma »

This is the most horrible and wonderful thing I have seen in years
Absolut

Post by Absolut »

adrenaline wrote:I dunno if I ever considered Abs a 4... we played quite a few 1v1s at his peak (tourney and for the hell of it) and I don't think I ever lost a single game to him... think I 5-0'd him in the tourney. Mind you, I was probably at my 1v1 peak at the time, as well... that was that fucking tourney that never finished. Perhaps his niche was team games though... dunno really, never teamed with him much. He was a pretty solid FFAer, too.

And sorry Xmas, Shadow/Bagr/whatever the fuck he calls himself is much better than you. He's improved quite a bit and I'm 100% certain he'd roll you game after game 1v1.
Tournament was 4-1, I beat you on Badlands. I believe we played after I had a loonnng match against Rabican or karma. I saved replays of times we 1v1'd otherwise to see how I stacked up and we went back and forth with you having a few more wins. So if that was your peak of 1v1, I wouldn't brag too much. I never called myself a good 1v1er and almost never played them.
Giant Killer General

the truth comes out

hey abs! guna play any ever again?
Absolut

Post by Absolut »

Giant Killer General wrote:the truth comes out

hey abs! guna play any ever again?
Sup GKG, if I ever find some time I'm gonna try to get a few games in here and there. Been dating a girl for a year now and bought a new house in the city so never really have any free time.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

LOL? back and forth my ass, homie. I rolled you with ease every time we played. And what kind of excuse is "I just played a long match with blah"? I call that a warmup.
Pablo Escobar

Post by Pablo Escobar »

I cant believe I'm my rating (2), i should just quit myth right, what a waste of 13 years, Im out forever after this mwc! Monty and Fool were right, this is not the myth I remember, hope it dies slow!
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Pablo Escobar wrote:I cant believe I'm my rating (2), i should just quit myth right, what a waste of 13 years, Im out forever after this mwc! Monty and Fool were right, this is not the myth I remember, hope it dies slow!
Were you expecting to get rated a one? I don't understand why you are so mad.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Pablo Escobar wrote:I cant believe I'm my rating (2), i should just quit myth right, what a waste of 13 years, Im out forever after this mwc! Monty and Fool were right, this is not the myth I remember, hope it dies slow!
I can't believe Monty and Fool were ever in the same clan as you.....
Pablo Escobar

Post by Pablo Escobar »

Lol pogue plz sign up 1vs 1 tournament you newb, asmo I'm calling you out too, don't forget you we're my bitch on pmnet, you cunt!
Pablo Escobar

Post by Pablo Escobar »

Pogue wrote:
Pablo Escobar wrote: I can't believe Monty and Fool were ever in the same clan as you.....
Don't forget that I started 187, and I recruited everyone in that team, so Monty, fool, bud, tulkas, atilla, adren, BH, and everyone else that has ever been part of 187, or has been around scince bnet knows I'm a decent player, you don't have that rep bro, so I don't even know why you talking!!!
P.S from what I understand if you don't play tourneys and every mwc, like some of these cunts, your not considered a good player, sorry I have a life and actually travel and fuck bitches in summertime, unlike asmo who'd rather have a relationship with his computer dick in hand, gg bro I'm stuntin on all you bitches and U.O.E.N.O google that and get on my level
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Shit just got serious
dac

Post by dac »

Pablo Escobar wrote:I have a life and actually travel and fuck bitches
this is one of the most pathetic posts i've seen on a myth forum, and that REALLY says something.

fyi, leaving your moms basement does not count as travel, and if you gotta pay you cant consider it "fucking bitches".