Tournament Update: Substitues

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Asmodian » 09 Sep 2013, 09:27

Since Team Cremisi apparently doesn't care about the rules and there is no effective way for me to monitor people logging on other peoples accounts; I am going to allow some kind of minor substitute system these last few weeks.

You are allowed ONE SUBSTITUTE in each match. The only restriction on the substitute is that he can not be signed up on another team in this tournament and it has to be the same substitute throughout the entire match on any given week. Yes this means you can have: Eastwind,Kryptos,GKG,Chron or any other player who did not sign up for the tournament substitute for you.

I am being very linnet by putting this sub-system in, so if you end up breaking it this last week your team will be eliminated from participating in the finals regardless of your score.

drunken_deer
Posts: 640
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 05:49
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby drunken_deer » 09 Sep 2013, 13:07

the sub rule would work out nice for me actually. So if any cap actually wants to feild me instead of wasting my potential just pm me a day in advance.

Captain
Posts: 232
Joined: 02 May 2013, 15:17
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Captain » 09 Sep 2013, 13:11

Asmodian wrote:Since Team Cremisi apparently doesn't care about the rules and there is no effective way for me to monitor people logging on other peoples accounts; I am going to allow some kind of minor substitute system these last few weeks.

You are allowed ONE SUBSTITUTE in each match. The only restriction on the substitute is that he can not be signed up on another team in this tournament and it has to be the same substitute throughout the entire match on any given week. Yes this means you can have: Eastwind,Kryptos,GKG,Chron or any other player who did not sign up for the tournament substitute for you.

I am being very linnet by putting this sub-system in, so if you end up breaking it this last week your team will be eliminated from participating in the finals regardless of your score.


Let me paraphrase for those of you who don't want to read.

Since Team Crem cheated

We are now allowing cheating in this tournament, you are now allowed to have 1 5 ball player sub for the worst member on your team.

Even though this is a draft tourney and should be dependent on who you drafted, please feel free to disregard that, this is now not a draft tourney, please cheat as much as possible.

punkUser
Posts: 1386
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby punkUser » 09 Sep 2013, 15:41

Asmo you might want to be careful that you didn't spell out that you have to field players from your team if you have them there. I'm concerned that some people might not understand what the word "substitute" means and thus think they are staying true to the letter of the law if they pull such shenanigans ;)

Of course one might assume that there are certain things that are sort of implied in rules like this and players being expected to play on their own accounts, but this inference might be too advanced for parts of the community.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 09 Sep 2013, 17:41

this is hilarious

we never cheated, it didn't say jack shit about it in the rules



ahahahahaha

Well at least Chron can play now.

Captain
Posts: 232
Joined: 02 May 2013, 15:17
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Captain » 09 Sep 2013, 18:26

par73 wrote:
we never cheated, it didn't say jack shit about it in the rules




That is the dumbest argument I have ever heard!

Stop acting like a 2 year old. You had to cheat to win. Its cool just don't be a baby about it

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 09 Sep 2013, 19:18

Captain wrote:
par73 wrote:
we never cheated, it didn't say jack shit about it in the rules




That is the dumbest argument I have ever heard!

Stop acting like a 2 year old. You had to cheat to win. Its cool just don't be a baby about it


Ok Cap, let me make this simple for you.

Say you never played this game at all, or played in a tournament at all.


You go onto the website of the tournament you enter, you read all of the rules. These rules are essentially guidelines in how the tournament is played.

With prior knowledge of past myth 2 tournaments (remove the blank slate),
never did I once see this rule on the rules page, that has been in the rules of almost every M2 tournament, if not all legitimate ones.

"No dummying for teams is allowed"
or how about
"Players not participating in the tournament are not allowed to use the account of another player's account they have access to."




This happened in the top 3 teams of mwc05. kinda better off the MWC05 finals never had a finish, and also how "unholy alliance" an often successful team yet outnumbered.
Dummying fucked Chron in the past.
Who knows if MWC05 would have had a finals, if Unholy Alliance or Hand of Allah, instead, had been participants in the Grand Finals?

now 8 years later with the player and participant pool having shrunk to players seeing myth as a casual sport rather than actual video game
"This is pathetic..hardly anyone plays now a days and they want to exclude me and threaten to ban..." - Chron 2013

Let's take a peek at flatline.

Flatline signed up for this tournament, but hardly ever plays myth. In fact, Flatline plays DotA every day and night, with a couple of mythers that never ever play anymore.


According to Asmo, cremisi picked the absolute worst team possible. I'm pretty sure him allowing chron to play was justified from the beginning. The exclusion of a Free Agency/Waivers option, to work in cohesion with the draft, causes the tournament to be less competitive regardless. (If a team is supposed to win, they will win, with what they are given and what they are up against, at any time.)

So back to the last weekend in question, how many times in other tournaments have other players used Flatline's account anyway, or a contender player's, just because they had access to it?

It's an intangible aspect of myth.

No rule, no rule breaking. If there was a rule broken, don't you think disciplinary action by Asmo would have been justified?

Or what are we playing some sort of "Unspoken Gimble CTF Rules" because we've all stooped to a GRU in 2005 LEVEL?

I do commend Asmo for going beyond the bullshit, and creating a rule that now actually allows it, via a Subsitute "whoever can play for whoever", after realizing how stupid it is to Exclude a Veteran and long time fan and participant of Myth 2 Soulblighter to play. In fact I think you suggested an idea like this yourself.


P.s. your team lost fair and square after you talked shit about being able beat us 5-0, now you want a 5-0 victory anyway huh?
Love you cap but LOL. On the behalf of Team Cremisi, Rematch anyday ;)


Captain wrote:Honkey over Crem-5-0


Captain wrote:How bout chron can sub for people of equal caliber for all 4 teams.

done.

Captain
Posts: 232
Joined: 02 May 2013, 15:17
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Captain » 09 Sep 2013, 19:34

You can try and justify it any way you want, just because stuff is not "WRITTEN OUT" doesn't mean it isn't cheating.

To my knowledge, I have never been in a tournament where cheating was taken place on my team.

Even if using the hypothetical I would not think that would be okay to use a different player in order to gain something I personally don't even think people should be able to change their names at all, it is very stupid.

So in MWC05 there was cheating and the game never finished? Weird...wonder if its related at all.

I am glad flat signed up for it, Chron didn't. So, it is either Asmo's choice to let him sub for all teams of players of equal caliber, or not allow him to play. Asmo decided to not to let him play, which is fine.

You then used Chron to sub for a player who is far greater than Flatline, and preceded to beat Honkeys team under the impressions that chron was flat, which gives you a even LARGER advantage. I for 1 will see I am playing a lesser opponent on a flank and will not try near as hard, maybe watch TV movie or something, or just not play as hard because it will be an easy win, maybe you don't expect that person to act a certain way even if you do play normal.

our team did lose, but it was hardly fair, and I wasn't there. Mainly because I didn't think my team needed me and we still would 5-0, but having players think they are playing against Flat instead against Chron is not fair at all. Simply no denying that.

I don't want Chron banned from myth in the least bit, I would like the rules to remain the same.

What is to stop say Honkeys team from getting EW, GKG, and Shaister to sub for 3 of our members, would that be fair?

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 09 Sep 2013, 19:37

Word well I doubled Sam the Butcher on GRU once, went the other way on gimble CTF.

Now we're teammates.

Such is myth.

Rematch option is still on the table.

Dantski
Posts: 433
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:35
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Dantski » 09 Sep 2013, 19:40

The renwood argument in regards to rules never fails.

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Asmodian » 09 Sep 2013, 20:21

punkUser wrote:Asmo you might want to be careful that you didn't spell out that you have to field players from your team if you have them there. I'm concerned that some people might not understand what the word "substitute" means and thus think they are staying true to the letter of the law if they pull such shenanigans ;)

Of course one might assume that there are certain things that are sort of implied in rules like this and players being expected to play on their own accounts, but this inference might be too advanced for parts of the community.


Although what you said makes 100% sense and is how it should be in a perfect world, the words I said are exactly what they mean. You can use your 1 sub even over one of your own players if the captain chooses to do so. The reason? because Team Cremisi chose to sit newmutator last week for a dummy, so it would not be fair to other teams to not have the option of fielding a stronger player when Team Cremisi is going to do it regardless.I for one will not be sitting any players on our team for a sub regardless of the skill difference and I would hope that the other captains have the integrity to make the same decision as well.

wwo
Posts: 837
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 14:35
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby wwo » 09 Sep 2013, 20:50

Basically the integrity of the tournament is gone. Asmo's spine is made of jello.

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 984
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 01:26
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Zak » 09 Sep 2013, 21:10

wwo wrote:Basically the integrity of the tournament is gone. Asmo's spine is made of jello.


Considering how badly the draft went, winning this tournament wouldn't have meant much anyways!

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Asmodian » 09 Sep 2013, 21:22

Sure cremisi screwed up the draft on his end but the other teams are all fairly balanced I would say. Winning any myth 2 tournament doesn't mean much. They are fun organized games with a little competition. If you are looking for any form of actual "meaning" from getting a tournament win in a video game (if that is even possible) than you should probably go play some other game where the player base is much larger and you get prizes.

punkUser
Posts: 1386
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby punkUser » 09 Sep 2013, 22:12

Asmodian wrote:... and you get prizes.

You want me to take that icon back man??? :P

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 09 Sep 2013, 22:51

For the record, we asked Team THOR/Honkey/Zak, who had at least 9 maybe 10 players online, to play 8v8. They did not want to 8v8 until game 3, which was of course Zak's Manly assortment of random units, map. We had a green light for the rest of the match, once their team felt "comfortable".

Also them not allowing and 8v8 to play while NewMutator isn't the strongest on our team, despite us wanting to include him to participate, pretty much makes the chickens come home to roost for them being douchebags and excluding players from participation. Kind of like how they (namely honkey) excluded Drunken from playing by not telling Shadow to shut the fuck up, despite picking Drunken to play on their roster; and they still had 8 despite Drunken's exclusion after the first game.

Drunken is a draft tournament legend; when this happened last time while on Team GKG; he then played Team GKG in the finals and was one of the most clutch players for the team he played on, which defeated team GKG. At this rate, Team Asmo should use Drunken as their subsitute to ensure a 5-0 victory for Team Asmo over Team Honkey.

Honkey here's a poem for you:

Honkey~I picked the two best BC oriented players available,
thus I can rightfully choose to exclude intangibles~,
making wins unmanagable, picking his team apart, eating it like a cannibal.
like a cantelope. honkey rapes antelopes.
weighing his team down, they can't stand afloat,
if I'm wrong, let me be damned in what I wrote,
But honkey built the bullz, then threw away his microscope.

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 984
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 01:26
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Zak » 09 Sep 2013, 23:18

par73 wrote:For the record, we asked Team THOR/Honkey/Zak, who had at least 9 maybe 10 players online, to play 8v8. They did not want to 8v8 until game 3, which was of course Zak's Manly assortment of random units, map. We had a green light for the rest of the match, once their team felt "comfortable".


You only had 7 players in game 1, you weren't exactly eager to let us play you 8v7. We said we would play 8v8 in game 2, then drunken left, but of course you remember that.

par73 wrote:Also them not allowing and 8v8 to play while NewMutator isn't the strongest on our team, despite us wanting to include him to participate, pretty much makes the chickens come home to roost for them being douchebags and excluding players from participation. Kind of like how they (namely honkey) excluded Drunken from playing by not telling Shadow to shut the fuck up, despite picking Drunken to play on their roster; and they still had 8 despite Drunken's exclusion after the first game.


This is some weak trolling. Are you really calling us douchebags when you were cheating the whole time? You fucking sat newmutator (speaking of excluding people) so you could let chron play when he wasn't even on your team.

Also, for the record, lots of captains don't like to do 8v8 because a lot of maps (like tamaerlin or lichen) don't really have enough units for that, but obviously you know that too.

Drunken played in the first game you retard. But yeah, you got us, we really excluded drunken when he left game 2 (which he was about to play in) of his own free will.

When Liger showed up for game 3, we played 8v8, so that you didn't have to make newmutator sit for chron anymore. It would have been pretty embarrassing if you had done that for the last 3 games, so you're welcome.


And as for as all your bragging about "winning", we were missing slate and captain. If you didn't cheat the match easily would have been 3-2 or 4-1 for us, but with slate/captain there as well you would have been swept for the second week in a row.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 10 Sep 2013, 02:47

We let Flatline play because he was on our roster just as well as New Mutator. As much as we wanted to include New Mutator from the get go, which was game 2, you guyses didn't want to at first (ok, i'll let it slide, for whatever reason you preferred 7v7 play).

We had to prioritize players being able to participate based on not being able to score any points in the first round of games. New Mutator is a team player, a great teammate to have, and understood this.

So let's meet the douchebaggery with douchebaggery, yet NewMutator and I could have just talked on his mumble server and he could have been helping observe the game.

That didn't happen, but hey, how would you even know?

Especially if he suddenly made the server password protected, or IP specific.
He could have even justified talking to me on a microphone in game 2, by deciding to group "livecast" or "teamcast" upon his arrival; without any notice or need for approval from Team Honkey.

He was able to play in games 3-5 because you guys finally decided to allow his inclusion (as well as another of your players).

Despite having trouble on your absolutely asinine and random, raped revamp of Calm Before The Storm, "The Tain", New Mutator was able to play very well for us. I recall a 2.0 K-d Ratio while supporting rawr in game 5, sleepy ho, unfamiliar mesh, unfamiliar unit set; but not asinine blob of retarded and untested units on an untested mesh which was cluttered with unnecessary shit and instead, archers dwarves, wars, puss ghols + spids and fg.

But hey, I'm not one known for my memory, right?

as·i·nine
ˈasəˌnīn/
adjective: asinine

1.
extremely stupid or foolish.
synonyms: stupid, foolish, brainless, mindless, senseless, idiotic, imbecilic, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, nonsensical, fatuous, silly, inane, witless, empty-headed, zaknafein


edit:
p.s. in regards to drunken:
i would leave a team, or not play with a team (unless there to specifically suicide) if they couldn't tell some douchebag on the team to shut the fuck up and stop harassing me [if i was susceptible to such shit] while i had [the douchebag] as a teammate. Honkey, You and no one else wanted to support drunken in telling bagrada to shut the fuck up, and since you couldn't regulate he didn't want to play. He became excluded. Bullied, perhaps. Who the fuck would sign up to play for that shit anyway?

see thundercox; cave, flat, clank, 2006, who showed love while i was a susceptible and young player in the myth community.

drunken_deer
Posts: 640
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 05:49
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby drunken_deer » 10 Sep 2013, 05:44

For Information im offically on Honkeys roster again after some deliberation. Needless to say that I will not go into details or pointing fingers at anyone. Also I dont need to tell Bagrada to shut the fuck up "Paris Quote", I made it pretty clear to Honkey pre-tournament that I woudn't provoke Bagrada in exchange that he didnt provoke me with the addition that I am in the odd situation now of enjoying other games and communities and dont need to rely on the myth community and lower my morale standards for my gaming kicks anymore, even as enjoyable as they are.

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 984
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 01:26
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Zak » 10 Sep 2013, 06:00

par73 wrote:We let Flatline play because he was on our roster just as well as New Mutator. As much as we wanted to include New Mutator from the get go, which was game 2, you guyses didn't want to at first (ok, i'll let it slide, for whatever reason you preferred 7v7 play)


You mean you let Chron play, as Flatline. You were desperate to play 8v8 because if people found out you benched your real players for 5 games so you could let Chron play, it would be even more embarrassing.

par73 wrote:We had to prioritize players being able to participate based on not being able to score any points in the first round of games. New Mutator is a team player, a great teammate to have, and understood this.


You still excluded NewMutator by benching him for Chron.

par73 wrote:So let's meet the douchebaggery with douchebaggery, yet NewMutator and I could have just talked on his mumble server and he could have been helping observe the game.

That didn't happen, but hey, how would you even know?


Yes and so could we. By not forcing each team to boot their 8th player, everyone takes that risk. However going into the match nobody on team honkey assumed people cared enough to cheat in a draft tournament, our bad.


par73 wrote:Especially if he suddenly made the server password protected, or IP specific.
He could have even justified talking to me on a microphone in game 2, by deciding to group "livecast" or "teamcast" upon his arrival; without any notice or need for approval from Team Honkey.


I see you're putting a lot of thought into how you can get the upper hand over another team, if only you could do it in a way that didn't involve cheating.


par73 wrote:He was able to play in games 3-5 because you guys finally decided to allow his inclusion (as well as another of your players).


NewMutator was allowed to play at any point, you were the one benching him for half the match so Chron could play on your team. When you say "another of your players" you must mean liger, who didn't show up until game 3. Yes we finally decided to allow him to join the game half an hour late.

par73 wrote:Despite having trouble on your absolutely asinine and random, raped revamp of Calm Before The Storm, "The Tain", New Mutator was able to play very well for us. I recall a 2.0 K-d Ratio while supporting rawr in game 5, sleepy ho, unfamiliar mesh, unfamiliar unit set; but not asinine blob of retarded and untested units on an untested mesh which was cluttered with unnecessary shit and instead, archers dwarves, wars, puss ghols + spids and fg.


I am very happy for NewMutator and his 6 kills, 6 damage, and 3 losses on Sleepy Hollow. We'll never know how he would have done instead of Chron, since you decided to exclude him for half the match.

par73 wrote:But hey, I'm not one known for my memory, right?


You're known for incorrectly remembering things due to excessive drug use.


par73 wrote:p.s. in regards to drunken:
i would leave a team, or not play with a team (unless there to specifically suicide) if they couldn't tell some douchebag on the team to shut the fuck up and stop harassing me [if i was susceptible to such shit] while i had [the douchebag] as a teammate. Honkey, You and no one else wanted to support drunken in telling bagrada to shut the fuck up, and since you couldn't regulate he didn't want to play. He became excluded. Bullied, perhaps. Who the fuck would sign up to play for that shit anyway?


I guess thats why you teamed with GKG for 2 years right? Pretty sure you said something like "The only fun part of being on the Bullz was winning". Is that why you're having forum wars with GKG? Making up lost time for all the bullying he did to you?

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 10 Sep 2013, 08:07

Wow that was a great response zak, I'm glad I didn't pay attention to anything you said besides a mere notice of talking about myself teaming with GKG.

That's why I teamed up with Chickenwire 07-08 right? He had 4 rings back in 2008; 4 years before me, 5 before GKG, right?
That's why I teamed up with cave 06-07, or flat 06 and 09 right?
Zer 06-10?
Enigman, 2008-2010
Orlando the Axe 2006-2007
Browning- 07-13
Right?

Let's come back to reality though.

GKG was a great leader for the Bullz, Sp and TMNT respectively.

the Chi-Bullz were superior to all in that tournament of MWC 2011, so why piss your pants about it man?
Its not like TMNT, a "draft team", BME in 06 man.
Its BME in 04, TCOXNP 07, NP 01. Civil finding consistency in their two Bottom Bracket to two Grand Finals victories,

GKG has "retired" from myth tournaments, so what does this conversation have to do with him? We are in a draft tournament, per say, so perhaps you are mentioning him out of respect, as have I? Is the draft team he lost to in the finals of the first draft tournament not just the only 2-team tournament he has lost in the last 3 years, if not in the last 5?

The fact that the only team tournament GKG entered in the past 3 years that he lost, was a result of not having respect, perhaps bullying, a team-member of his. Due to a substitute system as well as a TO allowing, Yes, including, rather than excluding, a participant who was on Team GKG's drafted roster then allowed to play against Team GKG's drafted roster in the finals to attribute this?

Well maybe you're right, perhaps it was the most fitting for drunken, a BC-useless, intangible-useful, to become a factor in GKG's only 2-team tournament defeat in the past 3 years.
Have these draft tournaments taught you nothing?

We asked to play, in game 2, when new mutator showed up, if we could play 8v8, so he could play

Ya'll said fuck no, so why you tryin to spin shit like you didn't deny it.



We asked to play 8 on 8, after New Mutator showed up, ya'll still said no even though Team Honkey is perhaps the most well rounded out of their entire team roster (thier final pick is liger? really? Compared to Father Xmas, Empy and Falcon? Really? Wanna play that, "Team Cremisi didn't want to include NewMutator as a Team Member bullshit"?)

You didn't acknowledge this until game 3, when you said we could play 8 on 8, a game after new mutator showed up, drunken deer left, and the game where liger made his appearance (any coincidence you made that map and would have a clear player advantage 8 on 8?)






But hey, let's pretend you're not a reffered out pussy idiot living in Northern California in his parent's house.



While you might think the most important part of participating on the Bullz was winning for me, it was not. It was the fact that we were the most dominant at the time, and people still chose to talk shit. Armageddon, a true team, a team I played on and helped mastermind in the last century, won the finals; All the teams I've won MWC with are a different story.

The top 4 teams of mwc08 could have competed evenly, Bullz in 2011 was a different story despite being against NC, NP and 'other team').

Bullz was already ready to go from the QR's till the end (see BME's 04 run), whereas for example,
Armageddon split their QR, didn't look too strong in those QR's, took the Top Bracket Finals and secured our Grand Finals win in Sudden Death (where I shined and secured the victory; check the films if you don't believe me. I recall a barb valley dark being so close I couldn't believe my 17-year old self accomplishing such a victory over a squad of veterans, and stacked, iC/GURU/Sm/Ele Squad. Didn't you join them later, bud?)

I had already won in 2007 my first MWC, and also won in 2008 with my own creation (enigman took the role of honkey, in comparison), Armageddon.

The most important part of Bullz, for me anyways, was seeing the Kirk/GKG team. That was something that couldn't have really been settled otherwise, I was surprised it happened and such good chemistry happened. Hence people talked shit in 2008 about Armageddon Chemistry, falling apart; and 2011 about Bullz Chemistry, "Kirk and GKG falling apart".




Butthurt piece of shit, you sound like a conservative man who's about to witness his society give women rights.

Don't get offended I said the word "bully", and you want to try to start blaming GKG for his influence on the myth community to help support excluding drunken_deer from participating in a tournament he signed up for.

drunken_deer
Posts: 640
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 05:49
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby drunken_deer » 10 Sep 2013, 08:55

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etKVfmUXdw8[/youtube]

adrenaline
Posts: 1662
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby adrenaline » 10 Sep 2013, 15:51

you people all care about this way too much. the only point of this tourney, really, was to keep people active post-mwc and get some competitive games out of it. that has been happening, so the rest is fucking moot.

but please, keep arguing about it... it gives me something to read at work.

punkUser
Posts: 1386
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby punkUser » 10 Sep 2013, 16:07

adrenaline wrote:but please, keep arguing about it... it gives me something to read at work.

You're reading all of it? :O

adrenaline
Posts: 1662
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby adrenaline » 10 Sep 2013, 17:39

oh god no... i just skim it. i'm sure most of it is pretty useless and not worth reading.

wwo
Posts: 837
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 14:35
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby wwo » 10 Sep 2013, 18:13

I just need some clarification on two things:

1. Am I the only one that thinks paris wants credit for the opportunities to cheat that he didn't exploit?

2. Flatline didn't play. When NewMutator showed up, there was no need to allow 8v8 for NM to play since "Flatline" should have been... benched. Maybe, maybe, someone can make a tiny claim that the other team were dicks to not go 8v8 since they didn't know it wasn't actually Flatline, but you (paris) cannot be the one making the accusation since it was your ethical violation that brought that situation into being in the first place.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 18:21

Couple things.

1. I wasn't present for game 1.

2. I volunteered to sit game 2 when I saw that Drunken had left -- I wasn't "benched" per se. I was given units (because Paris thought it was still 8v8, ostensibly) but detached them back to avoid disqualification and to allow the other guys on our team to play. You might say I knew Chron was posing at Flat and wanted to him to give our team a leg up but that's not the case.

3. The argument that 8 players is too many for lichen is absurd, as I demonstrate in game 4.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 10 Sep 2013, 18:39

wwo wrote:I just need some clarification on two things:

1. Am I the only one that thinks paris wants credit for the opportunities to cheat that he didn't exploit?

2. Flatline didn't play. When NewMutator showed up, there was no need to allow 8v8 for NM to play since "Flatline" should have been... benched. Maybe, maybe, someone can make a tiny claim that the other team were dicks to not go 8v8 since they didn't know it wasn't actually Flatline, but you (paris) cannot be the one making the accusation since it was your ethical violation that brought that situation into being in the first place.



I didn't "violate ethics" at all. We all, as individuals, have our own system of ethics, My code of ethics is obviously different than yours.

It would be difficult to actually accurately determine what the myth communities shared system of ethics would be without research through survey.

NewMutator wrote:2. I volunteered to sit game 2 when I saw that Drunken had left -- I wasn't "benched" per se. I was given units (because Paris thought it was still 8v8, ostensibly) but detached them back to avoid disqualification and to allow the other guys on our team to play.


Thanks for volunteering to sit during the MWC finals, Mr. Code of Ethics WayWardOne.

Flatline played 5 games, go look it up on the stats page.

rawr
Posts: 252
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 19:57
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby rawr » 10 Sep 2013, 19:13

IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST! ~ ricky bobby

Who we shitting on this weekend?

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby Asmodian » 10 Sep 2013, 19:53

par73 wrote:I didn't "violate ethics" at all. We all, as individuals, have our own system of ethics, My code of ethics is obviously different than yours.


Yeah we realize. Your code of ethics is apparently rock bottom

par73 wrote:It would be difficult to actually accurately determine what the myth communities shared system of ethics would be without research through survey.


Dumb ass.

HeadHunterKC
Posts: 127
Joined: 16 Jun 2013, 17:07
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby HeadHunterKC » 10 Sep 2013, 19:55

You guys are ridiculous.

Team Cream.

punkUser
Posts: 1386
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby punkUser » 10 Sep 2013, 20:04

I'm pretty sure paris is just trolling guys... either that or he's completely out of touch. Either way there's not much point in continuing to respond as he's pretty much taken the "you can't tell me what to do! *plugs ears*" approach.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 10 Sep 2013, 21:37

Asmodian wrote:
par73 wrote:I didn't "violate ethics" at all. We all, as individuals, have our own system of ethics, My code of ethics is obviously different than yours.


Yeah we realize. Your code of ethics is apparently rock bottom

par73 wrote:It would be difficult to actually accurately determine what the myth communities shared system of ethics would be without research through survey.


Dumb ass.


Yeah, I'm a dumbass for mentioning people in the myth community might not be honest in the answers they supply via research through survey (or any research measuring topics relating to myth).

And Yeah, my code of ethics is apparently rock bottom for wanting to include players rather than exclude players.

I've been caught. :lol:

wwo
Posts: 837
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 14:35
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby wwo » 11 Sep 2013, 08:10

par73 wrote:I didn't "violate ethics" at all. We all, as individuals, have our own system of ethics, My code of ethics is obviously different than yours.

It would be difficult to actually accurately determine what the myth communities shared system of ethics would be without research through survey.


Actually, the undisputed consensus is that secretly playing on someone else's account is terrible sportsmanship. This isn't the early years of myth where entire orders were comprised of multiple-order players. Dummying and alt accounts were entirely different things in an environment of 1000's of players. When there's not even 100 for the tournament of the year, those stunts are ridiculous. It's definitely disappointing that chron would force a legitimately registered player to miss games, unless you want to tell me you asked NM to sit for someone not even on his team.

You actually contradict yourself by claiming this is some kind of ethical gray area. If it were, the proper thing to do would be to bring it open to discussion and possibly get a rule change or temporary exception. Instead, you decided what was right and wrong and implemented your decision with zero concensus or community mandate outside your personal coterie.

There's more contradictions but they're only side-issue distractions.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 11 Sep 2013, 20:57

wwo wrote:
par73 wrote:I didn't "violate ethics" at all. We all, as individuals, have our own system of ethics, My code of ethics is obviously different than yours.

It would be difficult to actually accurately determine what the myth communities shared system of ethics would be without research through survey.


Actually, the undisputed consensus is that secretly playing on someone else's account is terrible sportsmanship. This isn't the early years of myth where entire orders were comprised of multiple-order players. Dummying and alt accounts were entirely different things in an environment of 1000's of players. When there's not even 100 for the tournament of the year, those stunts are ridiculous. It's definitely disappointing that chron would force a legitimately registered player to miss games, unless you want to tell me you asked NM to sit for someone not even on his team.

You actually contradict yourself by claiming this is some kind of ethical gray area. If it were, the proper thing to do would be to bring it open to discussion and possibly get a rule change or temporary exception. Instead, you decided what was right and wrong and implemented your decision with zero concensus or community mandate outside your personal coterie.

There's more contradictions but they're only side-issue distractions.


Well David,
Chron didn't force any legitimately registered players to miss games.
Like I said, Team Zak could have chose to play 8v8 to accommodate New Mutator in game 2. they probably would have had a better chance at winning that way, especially after getting out BC'd but winning game 1 by about 30-45 seconds in KotH.
They chose not too, NM took responsibility for showing up late and said he'd sit another. After they (T-Honk) lost game 2, they suddenly (for whatever reason) wanted to play 8v8 (perhaps to accommodate NM in the games as well as their own 8th player). I'm highly against exclusion, highly for inclusion. It is an ethical gray area that has been prevalent throughout myth's timeline.
Your HoA team cheated (whether you knew or not, you are an associate of that team) to beat UA in 05. Who knows what would have happened if UA was able to go to the BBF, maybe MWC05 would have even had a finish.
Where there was a "temporary exception" before, and I mean temporary because after Asmo agreed that Chron could play he suddenly changed his mind; There has now been a rule change. Now every team can +1 a random player not signed up to the tournament (here comes the "random account plays on tournament team, effect"), so now Chron can properly have an accomodation to play on Team Cremsisi or any other team that he wishes. If you'd like to discuss this on a more personal level, feel free to contact me.
Sincerely,
Nancy

punkUser
Posts: 1386
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby punkUser » 11 Sep 2013, 21:58

par73 wrote:It is an ethical gray area that has been prevalent throughout myth's timeline.

There is no gray area. You can't just declare it gray because you don't like the consensus.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 11 Sep 2013, 22:37

punkUser wrote:
par73 wrote:It is an ethical gray area that has been prevalent throughout myth's timeline.

There is no gray area. You can't just declare it gray because you don't like the consensus.



Uhh there is a definite gray area, you can't say it just "doesn't exist" because you enjoy "black or white" thought processing. Or perhaps, that is just an aspect of "black or white" thinking; to deny the the existence of impure, questioned variables, along with the "other". Your subjective consensus basically represents the objective consensus to the full extent? Does it? Do you think I am trying to say that mine does?


Not to mention, We aren't all utilitarians.


But hey let's start another 2 page dispute about how our different perspectives butt-heads, so that Asmo can take away the new rule he just established. Right?

punkUser
Posts: 1386
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby punkUser » 11 Sep 2013, 23:06

Paris, you don't know what you're talking about. You're trying to use words and construct sentences that you clearly don't even understand. I gave you a way out of your silly arguments in the other thread by letting you just say "yeah guys, I was trolling lololol", but either you missed that or you were too stupid to take it. In either case there's no point in your continuing to embarrass yourself.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: Tournament Update: Substitues

Postby par73 » 12 Sep 2013, 00:46

So is that a black thing or a white thing?


Return to “Asmo's Draft Tournament 2013”