@ Team Cremisi

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby par73 » 09 Sep 2013, 19:45

Captain wrote:Chron missed the deadline, simple as that, shouldn't be playing in a 4 week tournament, subs should not be allowed.

If this tournament was longer, it wouldn't matter if Chron played.

Changing the rules because 1 team cheated is absolutely insane.

Why don't I just host a tournament with no rules upcoming, anything goes, you losing with 5 seconds left, drop, who cares. Game will count as a draw.

Quite silly..



So you really meant to say a 5-week tournament, or did you mean a 9-10 hour tournament, right?
4 weekend tournament with a gap between week 1 and week 2 instead of the QR's and the finals, right?

If anything, the change in the rules was either going to reflect that this wasn't cheating to begin with, or acknowledge it.

You didn't even show up for the match so thanks for being so respectful to your team and our team, although I realize you were probably respecting your own life and people in your personal life instead, which is very understandable.

Prove we cheated.
What rule did we break cap?
Show me, please do it.

Don't get pissed off because I confuse Chron and Flatline, as they are equally as manly of men.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby par73 » 09 Sep 2013, 20:17

Honkey wrote:Chron is 10x better than flat and would have been a top 15 pick. I don't really care that Chron played, however on hveg I thought it was actually flat playing the flank that won the game for them. Certainly would have paid a lot more attention to Chron as he has some top notch clicks. So it does make a difference. But in actuality if we hadn't made some stupid plays we still should have won the match, we were just completely off in the teamwork department.

But to Nswer the question, yes pk Chron improves that roster much much more than flatline.


"would have been a top 15 pick" "on Honkey's Big Board of Honkey's Perspective of Myth"

I had more trouble showing up working the fields than when I wasn't at school, than now that I'm here.
5 games>4 games.

How's selling rip-off insurance to elderly people who are going to die in about 10 years so you can make a living, going for your choice of employment?

Good prediction, thanks for the double-U'z. I wish I could have captained against you instead of THOR but you couldn't even give me that respect.

But anyway lets talk about differences of what happened in the match, rather than personal perspectives of the top 15 players in the tournament. You know I would buy you a few brews at the bar, so I realize you aren't as thick as some of the other players on this game when it comes to discussing optional matters.

I guess the difference is, that you speak of, we could have had cremisi using my account, and I could be playing on cremisi's account. That way, while everyone would think cremisi isn't actually baiting an opponent, and is really too stupid to be making moves that weren't totally obvious for a pinch, I could have cremisi's units, keep that in mind, and use that to my advantage.
I consider this an actual likely situation, because there are plenty of times I have heard a player say "Cremisi is absolutely fucking stupid, Cremisi is a dumbass, Cremisi can't match up 1v1 with me", therefore allowing Cremisi to have a tactical asset in being able to bait players who think they can just "FATHER XMAS" his units.

Then again if I captain the team I can just move cremisi's units and have that same effect. The same with flatline's or anyone elses. It is the counter to the FATHER XMAS strategy That is why the Captain role is a very unique role in team player, compared to the other players. Notice that GKG has to captain the team for it to win, and when he had someone else captain the team his lack of control over the game would have pushed him to stop playing/caring at the time.
In fact, I can always help CREMISI micro his melee's and units, as a captain with control of his teammates units, and baby rape players who aren't giving cremisi's units the micro-ing respect that some players demand.


It's the same effect with Sp or SF having different aliases, and those were two championship caliber teams. Dummying was illegal in those tournaments, and stated to be illegal in the rules of those tournaments. (11 years apart)

(the game "Flatline won", he suicided a few units, snuck around the enemy completely after listening to my orders, and dope dicked your flag.)
The plan was put into action by me, and executed successfully. Flatline has a negative damage ratio, and a negative kill ratio from that match. Did Flatline really hold (and execute) a tactical advantage that people knew he was Flatline? I don't think so.




I think the better argument here is that Chron was playing on Rawr's account but I won't get into it.
Ah fuck it, I will.

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 984
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 01:26
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Zak » 09 Sep 2013, 20:23

Any 4-5 ballers that would like to use my account this saturday, please send me a private message.

Honkey
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Jan 2013, 00:41
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Honkey » 09 Sep 2013, 20:52

I don't sell Medicare insurance anymore. And actually it's the best type of insurance you can have as Medicare is bankrupting itself. Secondly insult my career all you would like but I just got a promotion that is going to net me 6 figures annually. Seems I am in a pretty good situation.... But who knows you may end up having to resort to selling "ripoff insurance" wheb you realize your psychology degree means nothing to employers. Or better yet you. Can go 6 figures.... In debt going to grad school and getting a doctorate. Who knows.. Maybe by the time you are 45 you will no longer have to make your student loan payments, that is of course if you even find patients or a situation that allows you to generate income, which is getting tougher and tougher. Then again..... Most people I know with psychology degrees ended up making less than school teachers as social workers, and the ones who went to grad school get a cool income of 35k a year to go with their 50-100k debt. Ill "rip people off" all day if it keeps me from working a terrible depressing job with zero upward mobility that is highly stressful and really helps nobody except government bureaucracy and the pharmie companies.

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Asmodian » 09 Sep 2013, 21:00

I get what you are saying to say 'hopefully' , but this was a dick thing to say,

Honkey wrote:Ill "rip people off" all day if it keeps me from working a terrible depressing job with zero upward mobility that is highly stressful and really helps nobody except government bureaucracy and the pharmie companies.


I hope you said that to make a point and that is not your actual mindset on life and a career, because that will not get you very far in life if you are looking to be happy.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby par73 » 09 Sep 2013, 22:26

I didn't major in a psychology degree for the money, I majored in a psychology degree to help people.

I would rather teach people how truly powerful they are as individuals in a country that has constitutional rights protecting those people, than to make money off their weaknesses, ignorance, and fear.

Myrk
Posts: 496
Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 03:10
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Myrk » 09 Sep 2013, 22:39

Wait, wait, wait...Paris will someday be counselling people psychologically?
Seriously?

What

the

fuck

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby par73 » 09 Sep 2013, 23:12

here's my first piece of advice for you myrk, go outside in the fresh-air for more than an hour a day.

I could have suggested to leave your basement for more than an hour a day, but perhaps allowing you to be inside a building would attribute to cheating the therapeutic process you require.

If you're already doing this, then congratulations. :lol:

Honkey
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Jan 2013, 00:41
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Honkey » 09 Sep 2013, 23:12

First an foremost lets put it this in context:

Paris entire assumption about my livliehood is the fact that Liger made a forum comment years ago when we were arguing about my career. All he is doing is repeating what Liger said.

Secondly:

my entire career is about helping people. For those who think I pray on the "weak and ignorant" i ask you how many life insurance death benefit checks you have delivered to a family after the death of a parent? pretty helpful that I brought them a check for 10 years of dad's income so they dont have to sell the house, the kids lose all their friends because they have to move, and mom now has to work 2 jobs. But ya I am such a swindler for telling them why they should spend 30 bucks a month on that insurance, good thing I ripped them off right? I am sure that 400 k will go a long way for that family.

Forget the lady I helped a couple of weeks ago that had a car run through her wall, almost take her entire house down. IT surely wasn't helpful of me to help her find a hotel to stay in, and go above and beyond my job expectations to find her a reputable company to make the repairs timely and properly.

Forget the guy whose 30 years of work I saved by explaining to him he needed to take out an umbrella policy for 350 dollars a year, when less than 2 weeks later his son decided to drive drunk and kill 2 people and my agency paid out 1.2 million on his behalf that he would have been liable for. Its not like I had anything to do with saving his entire savings account, home, and individual owned business. (side note: the pos left our company because his rates went up after that... then had the nerve to call me to lie for him so he could get a discount at his new company)

The list could go on. Point is.... All i do is help people all day everyday, nobody ever believes you until something bad happens either.... so its a pretty shitty position that takes a lot of tolerance. You get bitched at people who dont have anything bad happen to them,. Aka- I never made a claim why should I pay the rates? (when they fail to account for tha tfact that if anything happened in those 20 or so years they were with us that we would have covered anything that happened, they are LUCKY nothing bad happened, but choose to bitch at me because nothing bad happened to them) and on the other end you get to deal with people that had dramatic life altering terrible events happen. You could not do my job if you were only in it for money.... that's for sure.

I just happen to be really good at it, and I happen to have the ability to manage an office of over 5000 policies, not to mention the 2 people I provide with steady employment, with the flexibility that is unrivaled by most other jobs.

In other words: dont talk shit about my career when A- you have no fucking idea what I do. And b- you have never had any viable career yourself. Also.... Just food for though for you cheap fucks out there...... Wanna know the one person who complains the most when they have a shitty claim experience? it is the person who bitches about getting the cheapest, the person who cuts corners, and the person who fails to listen to my advice. Those are the people that say insurance is a "ripoff'. ZERO PERCENT of customers care what they pay a month when they make a claim, I nor any other agent I know, has ever had a customer call to make a claim and ask us what their monthly rate is. They just want to know what happens. Also more food for thought.... less than 40% of people understand HALF of the coverage in their policy..... wanna know why? cause they do stupid shit like use the progressive pick a price tool, or listen to their neighbor, or family member, or significant other that doesn't know a fucking thing about insurance. They take advice from the same idiot that cries because they have a bad claims experience because they were cheap and cut corners.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 00:18

If not having insurance wasn't illegal I probably wouldn't bother with it.

Honkey
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Jan 2013, 00:41
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Honkey » 10 Sep 2013, 00:30

Thats your choice. Thing is.... if some drunk guy sped through an intersection and hit your car and caused you 50K in medical bills you better hope he does.... or you are fucked without your own. and no health insurance wont cover most of it like many people try to tell me. You would be paying medical bills your entire life, if they even allow treatment, and you are still able to work. Thats why many states require it... .because it is almost a responsibility and most people dont have an extra 100K laying around to pay for people they injure.

I actually once convinced a lady that she needed car insurance. I basically said.... If I hit you and injured your kids would you expect me to pay? her response : Of course I would..... I said "what If i don thave money?" she said..... id sue you.... I said "what if there was nothing to sue me for?" and she was like whats your point? and I said "what if you ran in to someone elses kids?" she got it then.

Chohan
Posts: 326
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 11:01
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Chohan » 10 Sep 2013, 00:53

NewMutator wrote:If not having insurance wasn't illegal I probably wouldn't bother with it.


Probably one of the single worst financial decisions one could ever make. I would however say make sure you have the correct insurance to avoid getting jew'd in the event of needing it.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby par73 » 10 Sep 2013, 01:21

in Mass you gotta insure your car, before you register with or before its legal to drive on the road.

So in Mass if the other driver hits you, they pretty much have to be insured unless they're driving illegally. If they're driving illegally, they'll still be paying out their ass in court fines (if they're caught) and there might even be some state gov't compensation involved

In florida you can drive a car thats not insured and not inspected, legally.
Isn't that how it is (like FL) in Ohio Crun?

I recall you telling me about driving down the highway witnessing at least 10 breakdowns and abandoned cars like it was a regular thing.

Myrk
Posts: 496
Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 03:10
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Myrk » 10 Sep 2013, 01:23

par73 wrote:here's my first piece of advice for you myrk, go outside in the fresh-air for more than an hour a day.

I could have suggested to leave your basement for more than an hour a day, but perhaps allowing you to be inside a building would attribute to cheating the therapeutic process you require.

If you're already doing this, then congratulations. :lol:


My piece of advice if you're really going into any kind of counselling work is to stop making assumptions about people's lives. Just because I'm better than you at a video game doesn't mean I don't go outside bro.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby par73 » 10 Sep 2013, 02:20

Well I ain't gettin' paid to help manage your life's connection with the rest of the world, so I think I can break some rules and assume as much as I want on these here forums.
Just like how I can say something I don't actually even believe in, just to find willing responders.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 11:48

I'd rather take my chances than live my life dictated by "what-ifs". It is my choice, except it isn't, because I'm legally coerced into following the herd.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 11:55

Don't even get me started on the medical industry. I would think very carefully before accepting any sort of treatment. Let's just say, for what you are getting, prices are gouged. There are cheaper alternatives to the painkillers and antibiotics that are peddled. Life isn't worth so much that I'd sell my soul into slavery to preserve it.

Honkey
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Jan 2013, 00:41
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Honkey » 10 Sep 2013, 12:42

Its not following the herd at all.... if this makes you feel better.... you can always have state minimum insurance which willl really cover nothing. You also do not need to carry any compreshensive or collision coverage either on your own vehicle... so if someone hits you....you can take that chance and spring for a new car out of pocket and you dont have to pay the premiums either.

But don't try to get a loan for the new car as they will require insurance... wouldn't want that. Also... if you get in an accident where you are at fault and your policy maxes out you are required to pay the difference out of pocket. Just hope it isnt in a private parking lot (police have no jurisdiction and it becomes he said she said) or be sure to plan your accidents ahead of time so you can make sure that it clearly shows that it isnt your fault.

and yes the health care industry is a broken piece of shit. However... holistic medicing doesnt do much for broken knee caps, limbs, and concussions. In other words: you could find yourself with a pretty low quality of life if something happens. Crun pretty much summed it up. Here are other what ifs you could remove from your life:

Locking your doors at your house (what if? someone wants to rob the house dont be a slave to fear of crime)

condoms during sex (Dont fear that baby or dem stds, what if she gets pregnant? who cares!)

seat belts while driving (you arent getting in an accident anyway... dont deal with them what ifs)

surge protectors on electronics (dont be a slave to the 10.99 surge protector... What if there is a surge? who cares!)


Those are just a few. The reality is... A couple of those relatively inexpensive and decisions listed above could save you a lifetime of anguish (unplanned pregnancies, All of your items stolen, all of your electronics roasted in a storm). I bet any money you do some of them as well.... so lets call it what it is. Its not that you don't live dealing with "what ifs" its either some or all of the factors below-

You over estimate your driving ability, or over the estimate the police to fill out a proper police report. (if this was family fued it would be the number 1 answer folks)

You are cheap (tied for number 1 answer)

dont understand the effect of what an accident could do to your checking account, savings account, any home you own, your credit, future job opportunities (many careers require background credit checks), nor how wage garnishing works.

you are under 25

Dont understand that insurance charges a base rate.... from there the coverage increases are much smaller than the base rate itself--- This is the number 1 way to rip yourself off.... in WI state minimum is 25/50/25... tp increase that to 50/100/50 or 100/300/100 is a small incremental change on your rates in the area of 100-200 dollars a year (which really isn't a lot of money, despite people thinking it is)

Have poor credit already.... thus giving you higher rates to begin with (the reason companies use credit is it is a strong actuarial indicator of your Responsibility level)


Anyway... I have seen em all, and heard every line in the book about the consumer thinking they can beat the concept of insurance but 2 things never change. If you got in an accident tomorrow, and the other driver didn't have insurance you would see all of the negative effects on your life, and you will thank God or whatever you worship that you have insurance.

and let me reiterate this point: if you ever got in an accident (at fault or not at fault) the last thing you would ever ask is "how much do I pay a month"..... Good thing you have a law protecting you from yourself.


. You fit the profile completely of the person I talked about in my previouis post, If you got in an accident and your policy maxed out I assure you the line you would be passing out to everyone is "the insurance company fucked me over it is a scam" instead of " i didnt take prudent financial decisions in my life seriously because i wanted to save 100 dollars a year"


and no I never speak this candidly with customers as at the end of the day it is their life. Much like my custoemrs I am giving you solid advice (which could benefit me in no way shape or form as you dont live in WI) Whether you heed it or not, is your call. I simply educate on the risks associated with cutting corners. Much like everything else.... cutting corners, taking teh cheap route, or general apathy is not going to do anything positive for you.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 12:58

Honkey you are a true blue salesmen. But your analysis doesn't go deep enough. The truth is we live in a society in which the medical industry, the psychiatric establishment, our scientific institutions, commerce, politics, economics, government, all collude to sell you philosophical materialism; no matter that there's no way to empirically verify its validity. People aren't skeptical enough, in my view. I could go on this for hours, but I fear my effort would be wasted here.

adrenaline
Posts: 1663
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby adrenaline » 10 Sep 2013, 13:12

Honkey wrote:Thats your choice. Thing is.... if some drunk guy sped through an intersection and hit your car and caused you 50K in medical bills you better hope he does.... or you are fucked without your own. and no health insurance wont cover most of it like many people try to tell me. You would be paying medical bills your entire life, if they even allow treatment, and you are still able to work. Thats why many states require it... .because it is almost a responsibility and most people dont have an extra 100K laying around to pay for people they injure.


Alternatively, you could live in a country that offers its citizens FREE HEALTH CARE.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 15:27

I'll point out a couple ways in which your post above implicitly and tacitly assumes and advocates philosophical materialism, just so you know how this factors in. Note: this is not a comprehensive reply.

You say I overestimate my driving ability, or otherwise fail to accurately apprehend what are to you consistently predictable variables. Basically you are saying my faculties of perception are faulty, illusory, and not to be trusted. Who can I trust? I can trust the technical experts, such as yourself, and the interests you represent to "protect me from myself" (your words).

You say I am cheap because I do not buy into the narrative you are peddling even against my own best interests. That's like saying poor people are cheap for not going along with legislation granting tax breaks for the ultra-rich. Maybe they're cheap, OR maybe they're just rational.

You talk about responsibility, which is ironic, because it is materialist policies that are at the heart of every conceivable crisis that could occur. If matter is all that exists - if what we are is a discrete entity composed of particles and elements - and if that breaks down at death, and it's all pointless and random, then the only meaningful goal is the pursuit of material things, and we are not obligated to act responsibly.

Myrk
Posts: 496
Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 03:10
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Myrk » 10 Sep 2013, 16:09

adrenaline wrote:
Honkey wrote:Thats your choice. Thing is.... if some drunk guy sped through an intersection and hit your car and caused you 50K in medical bills you better hope he does.... or you are fucked without your own. and no health insurance wont cover most of it like many people try to tell me. You would be paying medical bills your entire life, if they even allow treatment, and you are still able to work. Thats why many states require it... .because it is almost a responsibility and most people dont have an extra 100K laying around to pay for people they injure.


Alternatively, you could live in a country that offers its citizens FREE HEALTH CARE.


To be fair though, our waiting times are ridiculous

punkUser
Posts: 1386
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby punkUser » 10 Sep 2013, 16:14

Insurance is really not that complicated, since the companies work it all out for you. Basically you should get insurance if you cannot afford to cover the thing that is insured. Liability insurance on cars is absolutely an example where most people can't afford to cover millions out of pocket, so you should probably have insurance ;) The weird dichotomy of the person "at fault" is the one who is liable and they can basically not pay if they don't have the money is pretty stupid. There's a good reason I think why liability insurance is required in Canada and probably some states.

But for stuff that you can afford to cover like appliances, electronics or similar, you shouldn't get insurance (or "extended warrantees" - same diff). Insurance will always cost you more on average than paying in the event that something happens, otherwise there would be no business for insurance companies. As I said, the sole exception is if you can't afford to cover the replacement cost of whatever is insured.

All the rest of the emotional BS really need not be involved at all. It's really quite a simple set of conditions.

Pogue
Posts: 1207
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:26
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Pogue » 10 Sep 2013, 16:17

Myrk wrote:
adrenaline wrote:
Honkey wrote:Thats your choice. Thing is.... if some drunk guy sped through an intersection and hit your car and caused you 50K in medical bills you better hope he does.... or you are fucked without your own. and no health insurance wont cover most of it like many people try to tell me. You would be paying medical bills your entire life, if they even allow treatment, and you are still able to work. Thats why many states require it... .because it is almost a responsibility and most people dont have an extra 100K laying around to pay for people they injure.


Alternatively, you could live in a country that offers its citizens FREE HEALTH CARE.


To be fair though, our waiting times are ridiculous


I've only lived in Canada a couple of years and that's not my experience. Haven't you ever gone to a private physician? Then again I'm not a 400 lb man with type 2 diabetes. They just see you coming and think, "fuck me, just to get him on the examination table would take the entire staff, plus volunteers from the waiting room."

Myrk
Posts: 496
Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 03:10
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Myrk » 10 Sep 2013, 16:44

As you can see our mental health facilities have not helped Pogue one bit, but to be fair the rest of his problems probably stem from his bad education

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 17:33

punkUser wrote:The weird dichotomy of the person "at fault" is the one who is liable and they can basically not pay if they don't have the money is pretty stupid.


Liability is at heart the issue. What we have is a self-inconsistent means of establishing culpability. That blame is attributable at all is astounding considering the lengths people go to affirm their faith in promissory reductionism, or the belief that behavior and cognition are determined by impersonal physical processes. Why anyone should be held accountable at all makes no sense if we deny a priori the human capacity for free will.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 17:36

We may as well hold individuals liable for systemic and structural injustices.

wwo
Posts: 837
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 14:35
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby wwo » 10 Sep 2013, 18:17

adrenaline wrote:
Honkey wrote:Thats your choice. Thing is.... if some drunk guy sped through an intersection and hit your car and caused you 50K in medical bills you better hope he does.... or you are fucked without your own. and no health insurance wont cover most of it like many people try to tell me. You would be paying medical bills your entire life, if they even allow treatment, and you are still able to work. Thats why many states require it... .because it is almost a responsibility and most people dont have an extra 100K laying around to pay for people they injure.


Alternatively, you could live in a country that offers its citizens FREE HEALTH CARE.


It's not really free considering the taxes you have to pay, is it?

Captain
Posts: 232
Joined: 02 May 2013, 15:17
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Captain » 10 Sep 2013, 18:19

This is making me sick....

How did talk of cheating in a myth 2 tournament bring up Honkeys job?....

Hold on, pretending to be smart on the internet.

Pogue
Posts: 1207
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:26
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Pogue » 10 Sep 2013, 18:25

Myrk wrote:As you can see our mental health facilities have not helped Pogue one bit, but to be fair the rest of his problems probably stem from his bad education


Me with the fat insults, you with the retard ones, I think we're destined to do this forever. The best part of this however is how I double majored in history and economics at Carleton University, located in your hometown lol. Adren can confirm this as well. It's not my fault you still work at Chapters unloading boxes.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby par73 » 10 Sep 2013, 18:51

Captain wrote:This is making me sick....

How did talk of cheating in a myth 2 tournament bring up Honkeys job?....

Hold on, pretending to be smart on the internet.


I think I put that part in bold, a few pages back

;) :lol:

Chohan
Posts: 326
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 11:01
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Chohan » 10 Sep 2013, 19:43

NewMutator wrote:I'll point out a couple ways in which your post above implicitly and tacitly assumes and advocates philosophical materialism, just so you know how this factors in. Note: this is not a comprehensive reply.


ITT: Use as many big words as possible.

Image

NewMutator wrote:We may as well hold individuals liable for systemic and structural injustices.


Image

NewMutator wrote:Honkey you are a true blue salesmen. But your analysis doesn't go deep enough. The truth is we live in a society in which the medical industry, the psychiatric establishment, our scientific institutions, commerce, politics, economics, government, all collude to sell you philosophical materialism; no matter that there's no way to empirically verify its validity. People aren't skeptical enough, in my view. I could go on this for hours, but I fear my effort would be wasted here.



Image

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Asmodian » 10 Sep 2013, 19:44

Myrk wrote:To be fair though, our waiting times are ridiculous


Pogue wrote: only lived in Canada a couple of years and that's not my experience. Haven't you ever gone to a private physician? Then again I'm not a 400 lb man with type 2 diabetes. They just see you coming and think, "fuck me, just to get him on the examination table would take the entire staff, plus volunteers from the waiting room."


I know several Canadians and the majority say what myrk said. The free health care is nice, but it can also backfire because of long waits. also the reality is it isn't free like wwo said. Someone is paying for it through taxes.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 19:52

Like long waits are unheard of in the good ol' USA.

punkUser
Posts: 1386
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby punkUser » 10 Sep 2013, 20:00

Captain wrote:How did talk of cheating in a myth 2 tournament bring up Honkeys job?....

The previous conversation got ultra-boring... I can split the thread if people really want to continue it, but there's already two threads of that silliness, so yeah.

HeadHunterKC
Posts: 127
Joined: 16 Jun 2013, 17:07
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby HeadHunterKC » 10 Sep 2013, 20:02

I'm not going to bother reading all of this as I'm guessing it was all summed up by page 2.

I feel as though whether it was known to all that Chron1 was playing instead of Flatline at game time doesn't change the fact that team Homer would have approached us in the same egotistical, "we are going to easily squash you" mentality. In my mind, this talk of cheating, takes nothing away from our teams ability to orchestrate extremely well as a team, and for one, am impressed with the way we manhandled what was thought to be a clearly superior team. There is not a doubt in my mind, that with the updated roster, Team Cremisi will beat Team Asmodian.

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Asmodian » 10 Sep 2013, 20:04

NewMutator wrote:Like long waits are unheard of in the good ol' USA.


It's all relative, Canadians on average definitely wait longer. I'm sure the free health care definitely benefits some and is better for certain situations, but it also has its downsides.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 20:09

Unfortunately for me I don't believe everything I read. Someone got some stats on this? Free health care really only sucks if you're super rich and can afford to pay a premium to not wait in line. That's why there's a lot of high-end treatment centers in the U.S that cater to the world's wealthy (and not to much else).

EDIT: "Free" meaning paid in advance via pooled resources.

EDIT 2: Whatever one says about if its actually free or not, it's hard to compare with whatever the U.S. has and make a case that it isn't better in most ways that are relevant to most people. "Americans typically pay higher prices for health care than people in other countries, without gaining higher-quality care or superior health." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0 ... 32678.html)

EDIT 3: The linked article guesses that medical price differentiation is incoherent. But there may be an interesting, underlying justification, as with online pricing (see: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 81534.html). I'd be interested if anyone's looked at geographical data that pertains to this.

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Asmodian » 10 Sep 2013, 20:10

HeadHunterKC wrote:There is not a doubt in my mind, that with the updated roster, Team Cremisi will beat Team Asmodian.


Thanks for the good laugh, but unfortunately for you there will be no chance to prove this since you will be getting last place in the tournament after Team Homer beats you.

punkUser
Posts: 1386
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby punkUser » 10 Sep 2013, 20:10

HeadHunterKC wrote:In my mind, this talk of cheating, takes nothing away from our teams ability to orchestrate extremely well as a team, and for one, am impressed with the way we manhandled what was thought to be a clearly superior team.

Well... like it or not, secretly adding a top tier player sort of does undermine anything impressive about it. Was it similarly impressive when the clear underdog Team punkUser managed to win TWS with just a few temporary subs (GKG, Myrk, adren) playing on his roster? :P

Do it again next week with your actual roster and I'll be impressed :) Maybe you could have beaten them without Chron last week, but unfortunately now we don't know.

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Asmodian » 10 Sep 2013, 20:18

Yeah, I don't believe everything I read either, but nice attempt at taking a shot at me?

NewMutator wrote:Free health care really only sucks if you're super rich and can afford to pay a premium to not wait in line. That's why there's a lot of high-end treatment centers in the U.S that cater to the world's wealthy (and not to much else).


Exactly, other than the wording "super rich" because that is not true. Of course the poor people are going to love the free health care because it is someone else paying for the "free" treatment they get. I am all for helping people but I don't believe it should be forced on people to help others by a government.

punkUser wrote:
Captain wrote:How did talk of cheating in a myth 2 tournament bring up Honkeys job?....


The previous conversation got ultra-boring... I can split the thread if people really want to continue it, but there's already two threads of that silliness, so yeah.


Good luck splitting the thread, there has to be at least 15 different topics being discussed now. :lol:

adrenaline
Posts: 1663
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby adrenaline » 10 Sep 2013, 20:32

punkUser wrote:Was it similarly impressive when the clear underdog Team punkUser managed to win TWS with just a few temporary subs (GKG, Myrk, adren) playing on his roster? :P


huh?

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 20:34

Well you haven't really been furnishing any data, have you? I'd be happy to read your sources if you got them.

Asmodian wrote:Exactly, other than the wording "super rich" because that is not true. Of course the poor people are going to love the free health care because it is someone else paying for the "free" treatment they get. I am all for helping people but I don't believe it should be forced on people to help others by a government.


Unfortunately for the vast majority of U.S. citizens, the middle class is not an inherent feature of capitalism, and is fast vanishing, so I don't think I said anything particularly untrue. Your last sentence is particularly tragic. What I'm getting is that basically you're for helping people as long as you don't have to do the actual helping. You'd rather donate to a charity (so you feel better about yourself) than address structural inequality. But it doesn't matter. Healthcare isn't as necessary as we are led to think anyway.

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Asmodian » 10 Sep 2013, 20:47

NewMutator wrote:Well you haven't really been furnishing any data, have you? I'd be happy to read your sources if you got them.

Asmodian wrote:Exactly, other than the wording "super rich" because that is not true. Of course the poor people are going to love the free health care because it is someone else paying for the "free" treatment they get. I am all for helping people but I don't believe it should be forced on people to help others by a government.


What I'm getting is that basically you're for helping people as long as you don't have to do the actual helping. You'd rather donate to a charity (so you feel better about yourself) than address structural inequality.


I have no clue how you got that statement from what I said. First off I don't just donate my money without knowing where the money is exactly going and how it is going to be used. Second I have done "actual helping" teaching,labor and yes sometimes materialistic stuff is necessary in helping. What isn't addressing structural inequality is always giving people free handouts (yes it is necessary in some situations, but far from what we do in our terrible system of free hand outs), this actually promotes structural inequality.

anyways I'm done for now. It is clear that you are misinterpreting the intentions of my statements and maybe vice versa? Because if what you are trying to say is that it is good that the government forces the more wealthy to pay for the less wealthy at the extent they currently do then this is going nowhere.

The problem is that all these free hand outs the less wealthy are getting they are not using it to actually try and improve their situation, but rather abuse the system. Of course this isn't 100% true, but because it happens so often and there is pretty much no regulation that is why the system is in shambles

HeadHunterKC
Posts: 127
Joined: 16 Jun 2013, 17:07
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby HeadHunterKC » 10 Sep 2013, 20:57

I guess ultimately, I don't care.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 21:17

Actually conditional hand-outs and means testing have the effect of disincentivizing economic participation (if you make less than X amount then you receive benefits). Like I was saying in the other thread from a month or two ago in the FFA forum, unconditional "hand-outs" ( unconditional meaning there's no method of determining eligibility and everyone is included) would actually incentivize innovation, destabilize inequality, and directly or indirectly benefit everybody by freeing up resources, mental and otherwise. There's no reason to think people have to suffer to prove themselves worthy of life.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby par73 » 10 Sep 2013, 21:23

HeadHunterKC wrote:I guess ultimately, I don't care.


HeadHunterKC wrote:There is not a doubt in my mind, that with the updated roster, Team Cremisi will beat Team Asmodian.



It's no coincidence that we lost to Team Asmo when I couldn't show up on time for the match, or captain the team. We'll see what happens in the finals, unless they forfeit games to replay Team Honkey two weeks in a row for the Easy Win.

Myrk
Posts: 496
Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 03:10
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Myrk » 10 Sep 2013, 21:45

Dem excuses.
Your team would be the easy win bud. ESPECIALLY if you play every game.

Honkey
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Jan 2013, 00:41
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby Honkey » 10 Sep 2013, 22:12

Ok So a lot to digest here but:

#1- I am not a salesman. I have never sold anyone anything. I ask people questions, based on their answers I make recommendations. I typical appointment with me is about 70% the customer talking, 30% me talking. They purchase things based on their needs.

#2- We can argue the health care system all you want, I am firmly against the healthcare institutions of the United States as I do not feel health care should be for profit. In fact I could write pages and pages and pages on what is wrong with it... however..... the one thing we can all agree on is REALITY.... and that is where we live.

#3- Concepts and utopian soicieties are all nice, but idealism doesnt put food in your mouth, idealism doesnt pay the utilities, idealism doesn't Do anything except blind you from reality, and blame the entire world for your own problems.

#4- You apparently missed my whole point. My whole point was insurance is almost a civic responsibility if you choose to get behind the wheel. Why? because the most devastating harm you could do to another person is toss them in to the system of for profit health care and by not having insurance 99% of the public could not afford to pay ridiculous medical expenses of others. Even with a minor fender bender at 20 mph you are talking: Er fee, Hospital room fee, x ray fee, x ray viewing fee, follow up appointments, and any treatment which will easily apporach 4-5 thousand dollars. Why should I have to pay for that myself because somebody else was irresponsible and didn't care about the other peoples well being? Idealism doesnt pay for surgeries, idealism doesnt pay back the money that is needed to keep utilities on for your family if you are injured an unable to work, and idealism doesn't pay for the negative impact that would bring upon others.

#5- Insurance companies actually LOSE money most of the time on any line besides auto iand life insurance. The onyl way they make money is through wise investing. Contrary to One posters claims, Insurance companies typically pay out 10-20% more than they take in for premium on many lines, and that is an EFFICIENTLY run company. Also... the custoemr likes to take on a direct approach of "this is what I paid in this is what they paid out" but that is ignoring the government bureaucracy, and all the people that need to be employed to make an insurance company properly run. A typical profitable customer is actually around the 60% range, meaning that if we pay out more than 60% of their premiums they have paid in, we have lost money, and I would say over half if not more of the customers In our agency are unprofitable.

#6- To piggy back on teh direct premium dollars claim.... you should be happy you never have to use your insurance for anything major. It means nothing really really bad happened to you, but if it ever did your 600 dollars of annual premium, can theoretically rebuild you a 400K house, all of your posessions, and lodging while your home is rebuilt. Not too bad of a deal on the customers end if you ask me.... you pay some money to make sure everything you worked for and have earned doesn't slip away because of one mistake, or an unavoidable event.


You can argue the wrongs and rights of any concept but here is the reality: we live in a litiguous society, we live in a materialist society, and we live in a society that can take everything from you if you make a mistake. That is reality, whether you want to believe it or not, and whether you think it is right or wrong. I simply talk to people about how to diminish the negatives of that reality, and keep them in a position where they know what they are paying for with my company, and they know what will be covered if anything bad does happen. That list I gave was a profile of the typical person that makes the statement "i wouldnt get insurance if i didn thave to". My job career points out the fallacy in that thought process, and makes it abundantly clear to people the risks they face in this society. I didn't choose for people to act the way they do, however I provide a solution to protect people from the leeches and scumbags that will milk every last ounce of a hard working person who made a mistake.

NewMutator
Posts: 494
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 02:37
Contact:

Re: @ Team Cremisi

Postby NewMutator » 10 Sep 2013, 22:28

You're a salesman, bro. In fact, everyone is if you define sales as persuading people to part with resources.


Return to “Asmo's Draft Tournament 2013”