1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Chohan
Posts: 326
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 11:01
Contact:

1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Chohan » 26 Aug 2013, 16:26

Image

Image

punkUser
Posts: 1382
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby punkUser » 26 Aug 2013, 16:30

To be fair, stats tend to be high for everyone involved in blowouts. For instance, I'm clearly not as good as most of the players on the team we played against, but in Myth it's fairly easy to get good ratios when your team is doing well. Still, we'll see how it goes next week.

PS: Look at dmg ratios... they mean slightly more since they aren't just "who got trow" :)

Chohan
Posts: 326
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 11:01
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Chohan » 26 Aug 2013, 16:36

punkUser wrote:To be fair, stats tend to be high for everyone involved in blowouts. For instance, I'm clearly not as good as most of the players on the team we played against, but in Myth it's fairly easy to get good ratios when your team is doing well. Still, we'll see how it goes next week.

PS: Look at dmg ratios... they mean slightly more since they aren't just "who got trow" :)


Image

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby par73 » 26 Aug 2013, 18:54

yea asmo is a genius alright

he schedules week 1 (which is separated from the other weeks by a bye week and directly after the draft) against the weakest roster in the tournament, with 3 fairly unfamiliar maps via 2t.

every other week in the qr has 3 fairly familiar 2team maps.

week 1 matches are 3 days after the draft and basically become an outlier in reference to the other matches in the QR (the remaining results are measured in a 3 week period, with no weeks in between), but are weighted equally.

he then sets up the finals scoring so that 'only the top 2 teams via qrs are in the running for the finals', and gets the exact sweep he needs to put his team in a good running for those finals.

5-0 got me really impressed, TO of the year goes to Asmo for hosting his second draft tournament

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 984
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 01:26
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Zak » 26 Aug 2013, 18:55

We should do a double elimination tournament instead of just finals!

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby par73 » 26 Aug 2013, 18:57

should be SE, one day.

adrenaline
Posts: 1657
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby adrenaline » 26 Aug 2013, 18:58

yeh the 3 matches, then finals format is kinda fucked

punkUser
Posts: 1382
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby punkUser » 26 Aug 2013, 19:14

Why would you do a RR and then a DE (or even SE) with only 4 teams? Stupid. Frankly the finals aren't even necessary in this format, they're just "for the fans".

I won't defend the tournament starting a few days after the draft, but the rules were clearly laid out beforehand. None of the scoring or maps should come as news to anyone, so bitching about being ill-prepared is a little sad.

Furthermore I don't know why all the people who lost the first round are being all emo... the first round is no more (or less) important than any of the others. If you 5-0 the same team we 5-0'd, that's the same number of points after all. If it was SE you'd both be out already ;)

But whatever guys, why are you taking this so seriously? Although I appreciate the demonstration that the competitive spirit in Myth is alive and well, let's just play some Myth and have fun maybe.

Asmodian
Posts: 1493
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Asmodian » 26 Aug 2013, 20:33

PunkUser pretty much responded to everything the way I would, but i'll add on a few things.

Week 1 is separated by a BYE week because YOU GUYS chose it. I would be perfectly fine playing labor day weekend, but the players voted for it to be a bye week.

Unfamiliar maps? The only one I will agree with you being unfamiliar is river town. Everything else has been played many times. Calvary is the exact same as 'In the midst of Herons' and plays out the exact same way.

week 1 matches are 3 days after the draft


All the information had been up for weeks and the only last minute add as a captain was me.

quite frankly it would not have mattered if I gave teams a whole month to prepare, I could throw together a better strat on the spot than what was seen from the week 1 matches (or from what we seen from any non-tmnt team during MWC tbh)

Also slightly hilarious you are accusing me of starting it 3 days after the draft when you had your draft saturday night and started the matches sunday morning which ended up being a disaster.

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 984
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 01:26
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Zak » 26 Aug 2013, 20:58

Asmodian wrote:quite frankly it would not have mattered if I gave teams a whole month to prepare, I could throw together a better strat on the spot than what was seen from the week 1 matches (or from what we seen from any non-tmnt team during MWC tbh)


that gave me a lol

Honkey
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Jan 2013, 00:41
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Honkey » 26 Aug 2013, 23:12

This thread is funny.

Arsenal
Posts: 156
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 09:16
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Arsenal » 26 Aug 2013, 23:26

Asmo is also the only person to correctly predict both match outcomes this week.
http://myth2.net/?q=pickem/2

Asmodian
Posts: 1493
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Asmodian » 26 Aug 2013, 23:31

Arsenal wrote:Asmo is also the only person to correctly predict both match outcomes this week.
http://myth2.net/?q=pickem/2


I thought it was hilarious that Captain picked vs his own team and got it wrong.

punkUser
Posts: 1382
Joined: 16 Nov 2012, 23:13
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby punkUser » 26 Aug 2013, 23:36

Any way you can make that page not be "access denied" when just trying to view it? Shouldn't need an account unless you want to make your own predictions really.

Arsenal
Posts: 156
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 09:16
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Arsenal » 26 Aug 2013, 23:56

punkUser wrote:Any way you can make that page not be "access denied" when just trying to view it? Shouldn't need an account unless you want to make your own predictions really.


Fixed. I hadn't realized it was showing an access denied. thanks.

Myrk
Posts: 496
Joined: 19 Nov 2012, 03:10
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Myrk » 27 Aug 2013, 01:43

Where are the damage ratio stats at?

Arsenal
Posts: 156
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 09:16
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Arsenal » 27 Aug 2013, 02:26

Myrk wrote:Where are the damage ratio stats at?


http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournaments

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby par73 » 27 Aug 2013, 02:51

Zak wrote:
Asmodian wrote:quite frankly it would not have mattered if I gave teams a whole month to prepare, I could throw together a better strat on the spot than what was seen from the week 1 matches (or from what we seen from any non-tmnt team during MWC tbh)


that gave me a lol


yeah especially cause two teams used tmnt starts durin week 1

apparantly, asmodian can now throw together a better strat on the spot than the man who's phallus he sucked so elegantly that it actually grew asmodian a pair of testicles.


tirri
Posts: 559
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 18:01
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby tirri » 27 Aug 2013, 06:33

asmo brings rigging to a completely new level. it raises some serious questions about the integrity of the tournament when the TO can predict the results at a 100% rate

Giant Killer General
Posts: 1625
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 13:46
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Giant Killer General » 27 Aug 2013, 13:21

LOL apparently now anyone that uses my strats (i.e. any good strat) is now just sucking my dick. trying to play good myth is for bitches apparently.

but hell, all 4 teams used a very close variation of my strat on des koth last match, and with no-doubt more to come, my dick is going to be getting worked GOOD.

carry on.

adrenaline
Posts: 1657
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby adrenaline » 27 Aug 2013, 13:31

it was KOTM... i assure you if it was anything close to your koth strat, it was coincidence.

on a similar note, asmo has been working hard (literally spending hours) working on the satchel rain. apparently he thinks we won't be expecting it, or something. i wish him luck!

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby par73 » 27 Aug 2013, 14:58

tirri wrote:asmo brings rigging to a completely new level. it raises some serious questions about the integrity of the tournament when the TO can predict the results at a 100% rate



yea the fantasy-league tournament is just another factor in the smo`riggin

Giant Killer General wrote:LOL apparently now anyone that uses my strats (i.e. any good strat) is now just sucking my dick. trying to play good myth is for bitches apparently.

but hell, all 4 teams used a very close variation of my strat on des koth last match, and with no-doubt more to come, my dick is going to be getting worked GOOD.

carry on.



according to him, he one upped you BRO

take a shower, clean off that saliva

Asmodian
Posts: 1493
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Asmodian » 27 Aug 2013, 18:15

par73 wrote:according to him, he one upped you BRO

take a shower, clean off that saliva


Making up things now, cute.

Honkey
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Jan 2013, 00:41
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Honkey » 27 Aug 2013, 18:32

The gkg dick sucking started well before Mwc even began.

Asmodian
Posts: 1493
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Asmodian » 27 Aug 2013, 19:00

so from what I understand apparently respecting his knowledge of the game and myth strategy = dick sucking. Maybe if every other captain would get their head out of their ass and learn from him then we could start having some decent mwc finals again.

Pogue
Posts: 1207
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:26
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Pogue » 28 Aug 2013, 02:22

Honkey wrote:The gkg dick sucking started well before Mwc even began.


He once told me his knob was so shiny that on his trip to Ghana a local tribe mistook it for a golden idol of their sun god, I shit you not.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby par73 » 28 Aug 2013, 02:30

Asmodian wrote:
par73 wrote:according to him, he one upped you BRO

take a shower, clean off that saliva


Making up things now, cute.


but,

Asmodian wrote:quite frankly it would not have mattered if I gave teams a whole month to prepare, I could throw together a better strat on the spot than what was seen from the week 1 matches (or from what we seen from any non-tmnt team during MWC tbh)


thus since most teams used gkg's strat (source), apparently you could throw together a better strat than that?
right? or is thou ego making it difficult to recall facts of your statements, rebuilt as bizarre fantasies?


p.s. sorry we had wwo cap the finals, i guess you're trying to one-up him now too eh? ;)

p.p.s. at the beginning of mwc I got a few private messages from asmodian and the tmnt-like, "did you actually ever have fun teaming with gkg?"

lol priceless, I don't need 'make up' to be cute, I'll just reiterate what you've already stated.

Image



at least we all (namely flatline) can now agree that gkg did invent something besides melee, and that's the "desert KotM strat" and its subsequent, yet lesser, variations.

Asmodian
Posts: 1493
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Asmodian » 28 Aug 2013, 02:38

I don't know where you were trying to go with half the stuff you typed.

I'll admit to things I have said instead of make up shit like you and I absolutely did ask you if you even had fun on "gkg teams" and this was in the midst of when August was bitching and whining about every little thing I did and my team kept trying to make me talk it over with him.

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby par73 » 28 Aug 2013, 03:42

You don't

Giant Killer General
Posts: 1625
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 13:46
Contact:

Re: 1 Week Done. Asmo = Genius?

Postby Giant Killer General » 29 Aug 2013, 00:53

Pogue wrote:
Honkey wrote:The gkg dick sucking started well before Mwc even began.


He once told me his knob was so shiny that on his trip to Ghana a local tribe mistook it for a golden idol of their sun god, I shit you not.


LOL

love u pog


Return to “Asmo's Draft Tournament 2013”