LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Dantski
Posts: 433
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:35
Contact:

LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Dantski » 18 Aug 2015, 20:23

Sometimes you random and get lord scary owl on your team, so in essence you are down a player already


LSO is a new face to me since I played myth last year and he gets a lot of hate, is it justified? Well he combines Elfoid style enthusiasm with Father Xmas' insistence that he's actually a 3 baller and that the myth elitists are biased against him.

But is he really wasted units? Is he really so bad to warrant the abuse? Well knowing very little about him (except some stats from MWC when he capped a terrible team) I decided to quickly look at his week 1 performance.

Game 1 Acts

He is given 8 souls and a ghol, his ghol picks up small pus from popped wights and goes mid as instructed. Pretty good so far! After some fighting on the flanks he's left on his own middle and pushes Asmo away from mid flag but loses his ghol to morts for no benefit. He loses a soul to a mort while getting a couple of hits in, then Chron's FG come down and hits a couple of his units while only being hit by one spear. shadow starts rushing but Adren hangs back with his zerks while LSO is busy throwing spears at Chron's FG. shadow and Adrens zerks get picked off one by one by the FG, now with only a friendly red health FG nearby LSO gets cleaned up by Chrons healthy FG.

Did LSO get blamed this game? Yes

Did LSO deserve the blame? No he played fine, one of the players blaming him played far worse.

Game 2 Lichen

He gets 4 archs and 10 thrall. He goes to the south temple and doesn't leave any thrall on the flag. With toxyn (combined 26%) they face off against slate (14%), for some goddamn reason slate rushes and his first pus kills tox's dwarf, he then joins tox's melee and engages slate, tox pusses virtually all the warriors (including his own) and slate is overwhelmed by thrall and dies. Right after this shadow comes to LSO with Chron chasing him, after tox and shadow give him warning he starts shooting Chron and sets his melee up to join shadow and fight Chron (chron has 7 warriors vs shadows 4 warriors and LSO's 5 thrall). LSO engages while shadow continues running and only turns to help after 2 thrall have been killed, LSO dies in the melee while shadow gets off 4-5 melee hits and runs away.

Did LSO get blamed this game? No he played well but he shouldn't take sole credit for killing slate as he was with tox and they had virtually 2x the units.

Game 3 Mjilahdositpoilfuckitphobia

LSO gets a lock some melee and home defence mauls. He follows Adren south and gets a really sweet lock shot on nitro/slate killing a fetch and wounding a lot of melee. Adren has like no melee left after trading melee with slate and runs off on his own while LSO stays closer to the team as a southern extension of their mid force. Adren predictably gets rushed while LSO doesn't even fire a shot to help (although if he did a fetch could've blocked it). Toxyn starts rushing the flag without anyone his team communicating and LSO is left behind, he then goes to rush after Toxyn is dead and loses his 4 zerks pointlessly, his lock is chased down by melee.

Did LSO get blamed this game? Yes

Did LSO deserve the blame? No. Adren pushed up without melee support and was dead the second the other team realized he could be easily rushed. Even in the best case scenario of LSO's lock getting an uninterrupted fireball off Adren was still toast. LSO was a little slow in reacting to Toxyn's rush but since no-one ordered a rush he can be easily forgiven for not going at the same time. His loss of zerks afterwards was a poor decision though as its possible his team might have been able to win with that melee plus his lock alive.

Game 4 Calm

The planning time chat mostly consists of his team blaming him for past games. He wrongfully takes credit for game 2 but continues to get abuse for others mistakes in other games (seriously Adren rewatch game 3, that was 100% your fault). Anyway he gets a dwarf, 4 warriors, a pus ghol and some thrall. Adren overextends south immediately and is very lucky with pus duds on his dorf while LSO comes around to support him. Le lands a good dwarf shot on Gekko's warriors and Adren cleans them up. LSO goes west to help shadow and lands an excellent pus on multiple warriors and a dorf, his dwarf lands a bomb that's heavily damages or kills the warriors while killing the dwarf. An enemy pus ghol is blocked off by his warriors (whether by accident or design who knows). His dwarf is then killed from 2 pus being thrown at it. He supports a failed rush a little later and keeps 3 warriors alive which split up, 1 goes tagging west while the other 2 join up with his mid thrall who are under assault by heron(s?). After letting a heron pick up multiple roots off the ground he kills one which dawdles too long before his thrall get bombed by a friendly dwarf. LSO holds mid flag the rest of the game while his warrior gets a flag and some time on another flag.

Did LSO get blamed this game? No. His pus and dorf shot west helped his team enormously and his deaths weren't too bad. He did let an enemy heron pick up roots middle which could have been prevented though.

Game 5 Hvergelgimopffuckitmir

LSO is given 10 souls, a mort and 3 mauls which are put on home flag as ordered. He spends the first part of the game shadowing trow as ordered. Crun runs far south where LSO can't follow so he stays mid and loses some souls to a mort. He then goes to aid Cruns trow who are running away but this is a mistake as he + Crun can't fight the Trow and melee and he dies while doing a small amount of damage to myrks. His remaining 3 home mauls are killed by 4 myrks at the end of the game.

Did LSO get blamed this game? No. He had a thankless job and performed alright, he did lose some souls to a mort and then get rushed trying to help Crun which was inadvisable as he needed to backup onto the water before the melee got to him.

Overall LSO performed reasonably during this series and was made a scapegoat for others failures in this match. He generally had the fewest units and since he got souls and thrall whenever those units were available, he got some pretty bad ratios. He always followed orders and communicated with his team. There were some occasions where he made judgement errors which can be excused by him simply not having played as much Myth 2 multiplayer as everyone else and with more tournament experience he should be able to reduce those mistakes.

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Asmodian » 18 Aug 2015, 20:44

LSO's souling games 1 & 5 was somewhere between awful and just go afk and you would have been just as effective. Other than that though he did decent.

Giant Killer General
Posts: 1625
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 13:46
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Giant Killer General » 18 Aug 2015, 20:46

Just so you know, LSO is a dummy account, not some new player. Plus dac is just trolling him in the quote you took. Most of the crap thrown at LSO is because he makes himself so easy to troll. And I would hardly describe anything said to him as abuse, that is a very overly sensitive characterization.

I read the first couple paragraphs, seemed pretty biased, especially after you want to be a perfectionist about your own play, but then be the super nice, easy, and encouraging judge for the newbies. I know you have a soft spot for the newbies and all, but...

switch
Posts: 675
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 19:56
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby switch » 18 Aug 2015, 20:54

Enjoyed your review, Dantski. Thanks for taking the time to examine this specific, highly controversial case. I wasn't initially going to watch them (other than game 5 as recommended by cruniac), but I will now.

Dantski
Posts: 433
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:35
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Dantski » 18 Aug 2015, 22:28

Giant Killer General wrote:Just so you know, LSO is a dummy account, not some new player. Plus dac is just trolling him in the quote you took. Most of the crap thrown at LSO is because he makes himself so easy to troll. And I would hardly describe anything said to him as abuse, that is a very overly sensitive characterization.

I read the first couple paragraphs, seemed pretty biased, especially after you want to be a perfectionist about your own play, but then be the super nice, easy, and encouraging judge for the newbies. I know you have a soft spot for the newbies and all, but...


Yeah he's easy to troll, but this was more to look at his level of play and whether he was actually a half decent player. I haven't been in a single game with him (under this LSO name anyway) so I was checking out his play for myself and sharing my thoughts since hey myth forums need some content right?

I don't think my summary of his play is biased too much (probably in his favour a little), when he made some poor choices I pointed them out, when he does all he can to help his team and gets yelled at (pretty clear it went on outside of games as well) I'm going to say "hey guys he wasn't the one who messed up!".

Thing is lets say I was dummying under the name of LSO this tournament and I was given the same units and found myself in the same place each game, would I have made a big difference? Honestly I'd say in at least 2 games I wouldn't have done better than he did. In other games yeah I would've played better (but made my own mistakes) but this isn't me vs LSO here, its about how he did in the situations he found himself in.

I'm really not a perfectionist at all, you're the only person that has ever called me one. :)

Dantski
Posts: 433
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:35
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Dantski » 18 Aug 2015, 22:33

Asmodian wrote:LSO's souling games 1 & 5 was somewhere between awful and just go afk and you would have been just as effective. Other than that though he did decent.


What did he do wrong then? Game 1 he basically had very little to do except push you back middle, when the FG's came he threw at Chron's FG whenever he could mostly (he could've got several more hits in when it came to hit a couple of his units). In game 5 Crun told him to shadow their trow and he did his best to follow that order. His mistakes that game were no different than what much better players have done countless times before. Heck compare his Hver game to my Calm game, he would've had less time to react to the trow and melee coming towards him than I did losing all my warriors to 2 groups when I knew they were both there. You can't criticize him for his game 5 errors and then claim I played solid every game this week, its totally inconsistent.

dac
Posts: 593
Joined: 24 Feb 2013, 02:40
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby dac » 18 Aug 2015, 23:13

Giant Killer General wrote:Plus dac is just trolling him in the quote you took.


LSO gets trolled because he's the new pulverizer, or whatever other personality came into myth thinking they were the shit and were actually pretty bad. If he had any humility about stuff he wouldnt be targetted so much, instead he whines about being left out of games when care levels are high (especially around mwc).

Plus I cited an example with TSG on limp's team, so this isnt exactly some crusade against him. Frankly I didn't watch any of those films so I can't speak for his performances.

adrenaline
Posts: 1662
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:38
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby adrenaline » 18 Aug 2015, 23:42

About mjila... there is absolutely no reason the 2 mellee/lock players shouldn't have pushed up. They were both playing incredibly passive. LSO easily could have gotten a lock shot up over the hill, since slate's fetch was basically trapped behind his mellee and probably wouldn't have landed the block. Also, his mellee being up further likely would have discouraged the rush. As you can see in the screenshot, I did ask them to push up (one lock should not have prevented that...). I misspelled "rush" apparently, and LSO admitted after the game that he doesn't read chat while playing. I can accept some responsibility for over extending, yes, but most veteran players would have been pushed up to prevent that rush in the first place... my bad for relying on him for support, I guess!

And how the hell do you figure I was over extended on Calm? Was I supposed to magically foresee them sending 80% of their army to that flag? It was KOTM... backing off at the point would have meant conceding the flag, and I knew backup was coming. And where was this lucky puss dud on my dorf? Someone TRIED to puss my dorf and it bounced and missed by a mile... and the other ghol dropped his puss when my warr killed it... and it dudded yes... but how the fuck is that luck if he didnt even throw the damn thing in the first place? It certainly would not have killed my dorf.

I do not appreciated this slander, Pantski.

Asmodian
Posts: 1495
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 07:28
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Asmodian » 19 Aug 2015, 00:52

He did everything wrong with the souls, I can't believe this is even being argued by an experienced player. Eastwind who was observing was laughing/typing in the middle of the game w/ how bad the souling was because he saw what almost every other veteran would have saw, awful souling.

Dantski wrote:
What did he do wrong then? Game 1 he basically had very little to do except push you back middle, when the FG's came he threw at Chron's FG whenever he could mostly (he could've got several more hits in when it came to hit a couple of his units).


Mistake: Pushing me middle. Why would you push 2 morts & 3 zerks middle with 10 souls? How is he going to catch those units? what is tagging mid flag going to do for your team when it wasn't late in the game and the game type was territories? The answer is nothing.

Also side note those 2 morts and 3 zerks of mine were basically afk mid while i was raping south with my other units. So the only good thing that could have come from LSO's push (taking me out of the fight) wasn't a factor since I was still in the fight elsewhere on the map.

The correct play would have been for LSO to shift his souls south and help the fight down there. That would have allowed Cruniac who had a major health advantage with his FG over Gekko to roam the map (kill me mid) and make plays. Instead Cruniacs health advantage meant nothing since he was forced to stay south so Gekko couldn't rape his other teammates south. If the souls were south Gekko would have been pretty much useless.

Dantski wrote:Heck compare his Hver game to my Calm game, he would've had less time to react to the trow and melee coming towards him than I did losing all my warriors to 2 groups when I knew they were both there. You can't criticize him for his game 5 errors and then claim I played solid every game this week, its totally inconsistent.


After this one reply I'm done trying to convince you that you played well because the whole thought just sounds ridicules in its self. You played good on calm for 9 mins in a 10 min game on KOTM. Guess what time your 'bad play' according to you came in the game? with 1 minute left after your team had already mathematically won the game. You losing your warriors with 1 minute left literally had no affect on the game at all. The only thing it changed was you having a little bit worse ratios and someone else having a little bit better ratios.

LSO lost his souls out of position with doing almost no dmg to my trow. It was actually a point in the game that was a big swing into my teams favor, but unfortunately we decided to walk off all our flags on Flag Rally with 1 minute remaining. I forgive you team <3

Pogue
Posts: 1207
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:26
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Pogue » 19 Aug 2015, 02:38

dac wrote:
Giant Killer General wrote:Plus dac is just trolling him in the quote you took.


LSO gets trolled because he's the new pulverizer, or whatever other personality came into myth thinking they were the shit and were actually pretty bad. If he had any humility about stuff he wouldnt be targetted so much, instead he whines about being left out of games when care levels are high (especially around mwc).


Pulverizer

Shows up out of the blue, plays thousands of games and thinks he's the shit. Constantly trolled. Disappears.

Cremisi

Shows up out of the blue, plays thousands of games and thinks he's the shit. Constantly trolled. Disappears.

Lord Scary Owl

Shows up out of the blue, plays thousands of games and thinks he's shit. Constantly trolled. Disappears?

Coincidence? I think not.

argos
Posts: 101
Joined: 24 Aug 2013, 18:54
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby argos » 19 Aug 2015, 03:35

you guys really think LSO is a dummy account? Who would be playing? i doubt it

tirri
Posts: 559
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 18:01
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby tirri » 19 Aug 2015, 06:07

if only dantski had stopped playing and dante still played, none of this would have ever happened

par73
Posts: 2974
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 15:33
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby par73 » 19 Aug 2015, 07:43

i don't remember cremisi thinking he's the shit, I remember he made a bunch of hilarious graphics for a few years and then all of the 'veteran' players shit talked his draft tournament picks to the point where he quit because he went for chemistry over skill.

Lord---Scary Owl
Posts: 951
Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 01:53
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Lord---Scary Owl » 19 Aug 2015, 16:13

i feel honored dantski.
i promise im not a dummy.
i did do bad with the souls on Hver but ok on cruelty.
no I'm not cremesi or the other one.
i am who i am.
no i am not a terrible horrible player like you all think. I can pull my own in a game.
Adren, on Milj i didnt see that one plead for help. I was really focused on not dying to asmo which was probably inevitable. SORRY

dac
Posts: 593
Joined: 24 Feb 2013, 02:40
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby dac » 19 Aug 2015, 18:24

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:i feel honored dantski.
i promise im not a dummy.
i did do bad with the souls on Hver but ok on cruelty.
no I'm not cremesi or the other one.
i am who i am.
no i am not a terrible horrible player like you all think. I can pull my own in a game.
Adren, on Milj i didnt see that one plead for help. I was really focused on not dying to asmo which was probably inevitable. SORRY


That is why you're trolled.

Gotta prove it first bro. And with dp coming in to your defense it's going to make us all wonder if you're sharing accounts down the road since he's been known to do that with the likes of fx and enc. It's a mixed bag to have dp take your side on such things.

Lord---Scary Owl
Posts: 951
Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 01:53
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Lord---Scary Owl » 19 Aug 2015, 19:49

dac wrote:
Lord---Scary Owl wrote:i feel honored dantski.
i promise im not a dummy.
i did do bad with the souls on Hver but ok on cruelty.
no I'm not cremesi or the other one.
i am who i am.
no i am not a terrible horrible player like you all think. I can pull my own in a game.
Adren, on Milj i didnt see that one plead for help. I was really focused on not dying to asmo which was probably inevitable. SORRY


That is why you're trolled.

Gotta prove it first bro. And with dp coming in to your defense it's going to make us all wonder if you're sharing accounts down the road since he's been known to do that with the likes of fx and enc. It's a mixed bag to have dp take your side on such things.

Do i need to post my 1v1s where i beat asmo?
Do i need to post games where i don't suck?
Want to 1v1 me soon (not today)?
And i have proved it on many occasions, you are all just to busy trolling me to notice.

rawr
Posts: 252
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 19:57
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby rawr » 19 Aug 2015, 19:54

You niggaz crack me up haha

Lord---Scary Owl
Posts: 951
Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 01:53
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Lord---Scary Owl » 19 Aug 2015, 20:33

Asmodian wrote:The correct play would have been for LSO to shift his souls south and help the fight down there. That would have allowed Cruniac who had a major health advantage with his FG over Gekko to roam the map (kill me mid) and make plays. Instead Cruniacs health advantage meant nothing since he was forced to stay south so Gekko couldn't rape his other teammates south. If the souls were south Gekko would have been pretty much useless.

in game i was a little confused and asking where to go, crun never answered me the dren called help north, crun said to shift back a little so that left me mid alone, at this point i was to confused to make a rational decision so i decided to cautiously push smo. Other than that i don't know what i did wrong.
On game 5 I do agree i should've stayed near the water and not let myself get rushed.

I've never really soullessed in a competition match before so i had a little clue of what to do, you can all be forgiving. Its not like you are 100% good all the time.
But I don't come up with excuses for my bad play. Just the truth: yeah i did a little bad but I'm still learning.

Anyone recognize "I guess I don't feel like playing right now"

Cutard
Posts: 318
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 18:47
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Cutard » 19 Aug 2015, 20:42

LSO is going to burn out and post vague references/threats about suicide like elfoid used to, I think he already has?

This is way too much drama and care over a dead game, friend.

Pogue
Posts: 1207
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:26
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Pogue » 19 Aug 2015, 20:48

dac wrote:
And with dp coming in to your defense it's going to make us all wonder if you're sharing accounts down the road since he's been known to do that with the likes of fx and enc. It's a mixed bag to have dp take your side on such things.


Having Dantski stick up for anyone is always a great way to get them trolled mercilessly.

Lord---Scary Owl
Posts: 951
Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 01:53
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Lord---Scary Owl » 19 Aug 2015, 20:58

Cutard wrote:LSO is going to burn out and post vague references/threats about suicide like elfoid used to, I think he already has?

This is way too much drama and care over a dead game, friend.

its not like i started it.
Pogue wrote:
dac wrote:
And with dp coming in to your defense it's going to make us all wonder if you're sharing accounts down the road since he's been known to do that with the likes of fx and enc. It's a mixed bag to have dp take your side on such things.


Having Dantski stick up for anyone is always a great way to get them trolled mercilessly.

in my case it would just be normal myth life.

Cutard
Posts: 318
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 18:47
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Cutard » 19 Aug 2015, 21:12

LSO is in that tender stage where he doesn't know how to act so he's getting repeatedly reminded, unfortunately his teachers are a pack of retards.

Ratking
Posts: 379
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 21:18
Contact:

Re: LSO is he as bad as they tell it?

Postby Ratking » 25 Aug 2015, 03:18

+1 dp


Return to “Myth World Cup 2015”